support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Filthy Habits

Mike

I normally put headphones on to record.
This was supposed to be just a trial practice run which I don't put the headset on, which is this recording.
As I was playing I ignored the rhythm section coming to an end and kept on playing for a bit....

Yeah, I know, it's kind of filthy sounding. I like filthy but that's just me, especially after playing Ballad for Indie.
I needed to get something down with dirt in it again....

Filthy Habits...........Music written by Chris Knowles
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=1289603

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea thats you.Mr Hard Bop.Some great fast runs in there.Keep plugging away at that dreaded altissimo.It sure seems your enjoying doing your thing again.Great stuff.

Yeah.....That's me...lol....The altissimo is something I really don't practice so it's there or it's not.
In the middle it was hit or miss, and at the end it was there, so it is what it is....As I mentioned, I like the filthiness of it.
For me, there's really too much to learn how to say within the 'normal' range of the horn for me to take that kind of focus on altissimo, although it's something that can definitely enhance. Momentum, at times, takes me there and if it's there, fine, if not, oh well...It gets overblown or whatever the hell squeaks out....It's still sound! lol.....

You have a wonderful range up there which I'm sure you put the work in.
I'll go have a listen to your new work.....

Thank you!

Mike, you always manage to make me smile, who says you can't make a silk purse from a sows ear??

Chris...

I take you are now sugar free once again???

Filthy Habits? I thought that was a Frank Zappa tune... or was it film by Pedro Almodovar...?

Yes, actually it is a FZ piece! I'm not familiar with Almodovar....

Mike, you always manage to make me smile, who says you can't make a silk purse from a sows ear??

Chris...

I take you are now sugar free once again???

Ha...Chris, It's nice something I did can bring a smile to you!
And I didn't have to make a funny face or anything either!

Yea, you're a dirty bopper, but so much fun.

Geez Wade, just that word 'bopper' alone makes me want to take a bath with lysol! lol....

I'm being labeled, stereotyped, classified, designated, categorized.........Are those flatted 9th's that noticeable?

Ha..........Hey thanks for the listen man!

Geez Wade, just that word 'bopper' alone makes me want to take a bath with lysol! lol....

I'm being labeled, stereotyped, classified, designated, categorized.........Are those flatted 9th's that noticeable?

Ha..........Hey thanks for the listen man!

Well you sure play and sound like a hard bop player to me.

In the heavy metal vernacular I suppose I could say " Awesome riffage Man". seriously gobsmacked by the speed and fluidity of certain passages that seemed to Glissandi at an Altoish pace but still remain nice . Some bits were very Bird , well to me anyway.

It inspired me to get practicing.

In the heavy metal vernacular I suppose I could say " Awesome riffage Man". seriously gobsmacked by the speed and fluidity of certain passages that seemed to Glissandi at an Altoish pace but still remain nice . Some bits were very Bird , well to me anyway.

It inspired me to get practicing.

Actually Clivey, it inspired me to practice a bit more because in reality, I don't like this rendition, as I thought I did. I know it could be much more and so I'm going to spend a week to 10 days working on it and then re-record it. A project of sorts.... It was supposed to be a practice run (no headphones) and I decided because of the spontaneity of it it was okay. Now I'm thinking, way too premature, but I'm glad you liked it.

You've always been a wonderful supporter!