support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Recipes Fermented Chilli Sauce

Halfers

Finger Flapper
Locality
Hampshire
A trip to International Foods to pick up whatever they had by way of Chillies, plus some Ginger, Garlic, bit of fresh Turmeric, a table spoon or two of brown sugar and a briny solution. I'm slightly concerned already that it might be somewhat....fiery >:)o_O:eek::happydance:

IMG_20181201_122337_539.jpg

A trip to International Foods to pick up whatever they had by way of Chillies, plus some Ginger, Garlic, bit of fresh Turmeric, a table spoon or two of brown sugar and a briny solution. I'm slightly concerned already that it might be somewhat....fiery >:)o_O:eek::happydance:

View attachment 11893
That looks goooooood

As a New Mexico resident....I applaud this....

....EXCEPT.....:eek:......

TWO L's ?!?

No sir.....no sir......

I say......

Is that fermented or pickled @Halfers?

Fermented. I added a couple of litres of water and 50 grams of Salt. I have no idea how long I'll leave it. I've seen some recipes that are a week or so, and others that can take Months. I imagine I'll see how it goes leading up to Christmas and if it's awful, I have a few people in mind who might have a special Christmas Pressie :)

I ferment my sauerkraut for 2-3 weeks and it has a nice lactic sourness. If I get a minute I'll consult the oracle (Fermenting book)

I ferment my sauerkraut for 2-3 weeks and it has a nice lactic sourness. If I get a minute I'll consult the oracle (Fermenting book)

I tried Sauerkraut last Year and it came out really nice. Any recommendations for books? I'm looking for Christmas Pressie ideas.

Two L's in Blighty, old bean.
Well......... BLLIMEY !!!! :oops:

When you start to spell colour and favour properly, then we'll listen!>:)
aha. .....

(this is a hard room I'm workin')....

Do I get any kudos for always spelling the level of a building: Storey ???? *

* (which I actually do...really messes with american minds, too.....)

Do I get any kudos for always spelling the level of a building: Storey ???? *
* (which I actually do...really messes with american minds, too.....)

Flloor is probably a more common word..

I tried Sauerkraut last Year and it came out really nice. Any recommendations for books? I'm looking for Christmas Pressie ideas.

The Art of Fermentation by Sandor Felix Katz. He's the man and that's the bible. Full of goodies and technical information.

Try red cabbage sauerkraut and try to use non iodine salt. Pink Himalayan salt works really well but get the finer variety not the big crystals.

I heard an interesting interview with him on The Food Programme BBC4 see if it's still available.

Back
Top Bottom