All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

February 2015 - House of the Rising Sun

Colin the Bear

Ha ha. A simple song I must have played umpteen times in my formative years. Easy peasy? Right?

Er.... No!

Alto won't play it. Intonation issues. I blame the cold weather or maybe the reed. Couldn't possibly be me. Aminor shouldn't be a problem. Doh! It is. Record -erase-record-erase-redorc-esare. Can't even spell now. Lets try another horn. Not my day. Split the reed clipping the mic on. Same problems. Keep going this reed is coming to a bit. This is as good as it's going to get today.

https://soundcloud.com/colin-the-bear/houseoftherisingsun

Last edited by a moderator:

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
Two great versions Ctb. If you hadn't said so, no-one would have noticed any problems.

Chris

Well Known
Subscriber
@Chris Fantastic backing track . I'm going to see how it does next time I get out busking
It was just one of 64,000 midi files I found. I just played around with some of the midi voices in Cubase, edit some things here and there. Glad you like it..A couple of lovely versions from you..

Chris...

DavidG

Last edited:

DavidG

Just as an aside...I had to chuckle at the Animals clip. Those 'boys' look hardly old enough to shave let alone go into a 'house of ill-repute'. :)

Chris

Well Known
Subscriber
Had some time earlier to have a play with Kev's choice of Song. Not something I'm used to playing, but nothing ventured nothing gained..

"House of the Rising Sun"

Had a listen to the versions posted up to now and I must say they all sound great guys:clapping:

Chris...

Chris

Well Known
Subscriber
It's all gone a little quiet round here guys:) I thought this tune would have had you rushing for your saxes and not the door:)

Chris

Well Known
Subscriber
Come on guys there is still time for a version hi @kevgermany and anyone else not posted yet.

I will just thanks to Kev for picking and hosting this months SOTM, the next host has been selected and the music is in place it will be new for most of you>:) Lot's of fun though:thumb::)..

Chris..

Matabayahsi

Following @Rob Pealing `s suggestion I have made my own version of the house of the rising sun because it is a song I knew before and like whereas I am not very familiar with the others ( I know shame on me ) but soon will be :p.

I started fiddling about the backing track and suddenly felt I should put my own style with it and made a reggae version of it with a lot of improvs.
This is also the first proper recording I got of my supposedly better, brighter tone.
Hope you enjoy it.

https://soundcloud.com/salihborucu/house-of-the-rising-sun

Last edited by a moderator:

Rob Pealing

sax in a kayak (apprentice sax tamer)
Subscriber
I'm not a reggae fan, but I quite enjoyed this. It does give a rather different twist to the tune.

Saxholder Pro

Members online

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom