All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians

February 2014 IOTM- Pruple Bozza

Chris

Well Known
Café Supporter
Locality
Manchester,England
A little late but better late than never. Aldevis has asked me to start this months improv thread.
A short tune with a simple melody written by Aldevis, four choruses long.. I'm sure he will be along
shortly to give us some pointers as to how to get through this one.

Mp3 and sheets

:thumb:"Pruple Bozza":thumb:

Have fun.

Chris..

The tune needs a working title as well..

Fixed link 02/05/2015 Chris..

Last edited:

aldevis

Surrealist Contributor.
Cafe Moderator
Locality
London
I haven't been in Paris for a while.

The tune shares the harmonic progression with a famous standard. The new melody protects the forum from possible copyright issues.

Very minimal, in line with February.

aldevis

Surrealist Contributor.
Cafe Moderator
Locality
London
Pruple Bozza?
Where "bozza" in Italian means sketch, rough draft.

Jamesmac

Bozza. An Italian word I get. ie. sketch. But what is a Pruple sketch. I'm concerned that if I describe my rec of the piece. Pruple Sketch. My friends will think I can't spell the colour Purple.>:)

BigMartin

Locality
Manchester, UK
Bozza. An Italian word I get. ie. sketch. But what is a Pruple sketch. I'm concerned that if I describe my rec of the piece. Pruple Sketch. My friends will think I can't spell the colour Purple.>:)
If you search the forum for the word pruple, you should get plenty of hits.

Chris

Well Known
Café Supporter
Locality
Manchester,England
The use of the word 'Pruple' is a standing joke here on the Cafe. It is in reference to the way a member spelled it, when talking about a sax. If you don't like to use the word 'pruple' then spell it correctly. I think we should know what you are referring to..

Chris..

Jamesmac

The use of the word 'Pruple' is a standing joke here on the Cafe. It is in reference to the way a member spelled it, when talking about a sax. If you don't like to use the word 'pruple' then spell it correctly. I think we should know what you are referring to..

Chris..

Thanks Chris. Now I'm left with a dilemma. ;) Anyway great BT. Thanks to Al.
Perhaps I will be left PRUPLE faced after you heer mi vershon.:)
Jim

Jamesmac

Chris..

Reminds me of how a word in the English language that has been corrupted and is in use today. The word Bedlam is a corruption of the word Bethlem
The Bethlem Royal Hospital was a hospital for the treatment of mental illness located in London.
PS. And took its name from the Bethlehem Hospital in Israel. Another corruption of the word.
PS. Not many people know that;)

Colin the Bear

Locality
Burnley bb9 9dn
https://app.box.com/s/55j3i9qhyfxvygm58fj0

https://app.box.com/s/9awip64vi2rml47ukyz5

Tried it twice and couldn't make up my mind

Last edited:

Chris

Well Known
Café Supporter
Locality
Manchester,England
Other than the fact you didn't play the 'head' I think the 2nd one was better 'This One' just seemed to have a better feel to it. Both where good though Colin.

Chris..

Last edited:

Members online

Popular Discussions

London
Paris
New York
Los Angeles
Sydney
Moscow
New Delhi
Top Bottom