All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

Saxophones Fake curved Yanigasawa soprano on eBay

Vetinari

Subscriber
There's one from same seller with same serial number but the front picture does't show any accessories.

TheCureFan

It’s now up as a curved soprano sax only (no Yanagisawa in title) with only 2 pics. Oddly though the starting price has gone up to 350 from 333.33. Description also changed no longer a present for his daughter.

stom

It’s now up as a curved soprano sax only (no Yanagisawa in title) with only 2 pics. Oddly though the starting price has gone up to 350 from 333.33. Description also changed no longer a present for his daughter.
It’s still listed when you search under Yanagisawa as theyve left the make and model fields in the listing. I’ve just reported it again for the 2nd time. I don’t know why eBay don’t just ban the seller for continued counterfeit listings...

TheCureFan

Well spotted, I missed that. I know I’ve reported every one that’s been listed and nothing from eBay. Sometimes I‘m not sure who’s worst, the people that sell counterfeit stuff or eBay for doing nothing.

Vetinari

Subscriber
It was not sold when it showed with 5 pictures then was relisted with only 2. The pic showing the serial number has been removed.

saxyjt

I have saxophone withdrawal symptoms
Subscriber
Drowning by numbers! eBay just can't keep up... They must have reduced staff on duty due to COVID19.

Some people are just shameless and will bluff all the way.

eBay is far from my preferred purchasing source. Way too risky.

Vetinari

Subscriber
the person who is selling these fake saxes has an ebay name, quoting this may make it easier to keep a track (which appears to be what is being done on this thread) of what is happening.

Pete Thomas

Chief of Stuff
Commercial Supporter
the person who is selling these fake saxes has an ebay name, quoting this may make it easier to keep a track (which appears to be what is being done on this thread) of what is happening.
Yes so I would think a good idea to say their name

NicholasCBV

I’ve continued reporting this every time it comes up since the first one, which feels like years ago now!

Every time I report it, I ask eBay to escalate it, but I honestly don’t think they’re giving it any more attention than just removing the listing, and three hours later it’s back online with exactly the same information.

In the latest listing he dropped his daughter from the description and one of the more obvious photos.

OP
E

EdJ

He sold the one that belonged to the seventh daughter of his seventh wife and found he had one too many in the cupboard. (See NigelD's post he cleverly worked out that though he currently is clearing out in Sutton he was originally from St Ives)

just saxes

Commercial Supporter
I'm going to go out on a limb (a pretty sturdy, dependable limb, feels like) and predict that before too long eBay is going to go the way of Yahoo-mail and be bought out by a corporation outside the US.

[edit: huh. I just looked at Yahoo's Wikipedia page and it doesn't note Yahoo mail being bought out, but I recently had to try and track down a hacker that wreaked havoc on a family member's account, and everything about customer service, including the CS reps, seemed to indicate Yahoo is somehow anchored in the Phillipines, now. Not sure what the story is there, finally, but Yahoo no longer runs like a US company -- there is no chain or ladder of accountability for user security that can be climbed by users -- and eBay seems to be on the same track, with a dwindling user base.]

Vetinari

Subscriber
This item has been relisted today. Desription reads...
'Only opened to check it. Don’t know more about sax don’t ask me more questions. If can’t collect in one days the transaction will be cancelled. Cash on collecting'
Item number 254643887316

Saxholder Pro

Members OnlineStatistics

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom