All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

Saxophones Fake curved Yanigasawa soprano on eBay

DavidUK

I've had several messages of support for my warning listing on eBay:
  • Nice one ..well done i knew it was a copy but asked if it was ..no response .. ebay is full of scammers, motorhomes etc.. now sax as well.
  • Hi,I'm glad to see your message ad about the fake yanagisawa curved soprano, I sent the seller a message last week (presuming they didn't know about saxophones) to say it was a copy of a yanagisawa (DH Gate), as it had Chinese reeds and the white gloves all Chinese saxophones ship with. Hopefully eBay will pull the listing, before someone buys a fake.
  • Thanks for your fake warning about the Yanagisawa SOPRANO - I have also reported it 3 times to eBay myself. Total scam. I have 7 Yanagisawa horns at the moment and have bought/sold many more, so like you I can spot these a mile off. having said that I was scammed myself a few weeks ago by a straight S991, which had terrible photos on eBay, so I couldn't properly evaluate it till it arrived. it was a different seller to this curved one. I did get money back, but it's a painful slow process. Anyway, thanks for posting this - it is a great way to make people aware. All the best, Martin
  • Hi,
    Well done for creating this listing. I too have notified Ebay of this scam and also Yanigisawa UK (whom confirmed it was a fake but seemed otherwise disinterested). I had just had the idea of creating a warning listing but you beat me to it! The listing is ridiculous ("unwanted gift for his little girl who is now learning piano") but people are still being taken in. I contacted the seller and asked him to confirm it was a Yani as claimed in the title and item details and his reply was that he "didn't have any prove (sic)". I sometimes think misspellings and grammatical errors in listings are all part of the scam.
    Yours, Richard
  • I too keep reporting these fakes to eBay. They come up every weekend.
    I suspect it takes so long for eBay to respond that there is no point. I like your approach better.
    As I have a genuine £6000 Yani I do find the fakes rather offensive.
  • Hi
    Well done
    We live in Rugby where we are enjoying the quiet and relaxing with our saxophones
    I also get peed off with dodgy sellers on here and have also reported a few
    Stay Safe
    Jim
  • Well done for putting this up, eBay need to do more to prevent this kind of thing. There was a rogue Sankyo flute doing the rounds on here last year
    Cheers Damon
  • I’ve reported the fake you are referring to three times to eBay now. They are disgusting. At this rate they are complicit in the crime.

SeanLR

.........aaaaaand it begins again:

Shall we flood him with £25 offers? :)

SeanLR

hes some nerve on him anyway!!!!!
how do i report the ad?
Many of us have already done that and Ebay have done nothing, but if enough people report it, maybe they will have to remove it. If you scroll down (on a full web browser), the 'Report item' is just above the 'item description' on the right. I've mailed the seller several times. He/She's ignored every mail I've sent. I'm going to put an offer in x3, starting at £25, and following that, I shall let him know /she has a global audience of several forums watching his item :)

Hammie 1982

Many of us have already done that and Ebay have done nothing, but if enough people report it, maybe they will have to remove it. If you scroll down (on a full web browser), the 'Report item' is just above the 'item description' on the right. I've mailed the seller several times. He/She's ignored every mail I've sent. I'm going to put an offer in x3, starting at £25, and following that, I shall let him know /she has a global audience of several forums watching his item :)
Thanks i couldnt see that for some reason!!!! I hate ebay setup!!!!
I have never been able to navigate it very well!!!!

Reported again now!

SeanLR

I sent an offer for £25 and added the message 'FAKE' but got the message "This seller is not taking offers from you at this time". As I mailed them yesterday, he/she's blocked me from bidding, so they know it's a fake and don't really care.
I've got to the stage where I'm enjoying this now, so I logged in under my partner's account and my £25 offer has been sent.
I'm sure my partner will be delighted to know she's bidding on an instrument she hates :banana:

TBay

Just reported it as well, and I am sure it’s coincidence but in the ‘you may also be interested in’ bar are listings for fake sax holders copying the genuine ones that sponsor this site so also reported them but there are loads on there.

just saxes

Commercial Supporter
I just want to applaud the activism. I don't think too many people in the US expect any form of intervention or consequences any more for fraudulence, misrepresentation and exploitation. It used to be that if someone ripped you off on eBay, you could call police in their area and the police would go to that person's house and scare the sh** out of them. I know because I once called a local police department, when some teenager went for the big rip off, years ago, and they went to his door and he returned the money. No more of that, in the US, I don't think, probably not even in the smallest townships.

OP
E

EdJ

Would you believe another one has sold and another one has gone up for sale. The seller's daughter got a lot of unwanted fake Yanigasawa sopranos.

nigeld

I don't need another mouthpiece; but . . .
Subscriber
And another one today. Maybe he has lots of daughters?
When I was going to St Ives
I met a man with seven wives.
Every wife had seven daughters
And every daughter had seven silver saxophones.

How many saxophones were going to eBay?

OP
E

EdJ

When I was going to St Ives
I met a man with seven wives.
Every wife had seven daughters
And every daughter had seven silver saxophones.

How many saxophones were going to eBay?
Very good!

Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom