All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

Saxophones Fake curved Yanigasawa soprano on eBay

Vetinari

Subscriber
Do my eyes deceive me or do all of these ads have a very similar brown packet of reeds?

nigeld

I don't need another mouthpiece; but . . .
Subscriber
Now... who fancies a nice drive to collect this one?

Test: Not a fake, but give me three reasons it's a scam?
Other than "collection in person" from a place a long way away from me, I can't see what is wrong with this one.
So I'm obviously missing some clues.

The mouthpiece is both included and not included, but I'm putting that down to a mistake.

DavidUK

Seems to have been removed now, but the other clues were the one day listing and too low starting price.
Guess this time eBay did respond to reports.

Vetinari

Subscriber
serial numbers ebay number
00345536 254624518481
00345533 303598860381

how close are those serials?

Hammie 1982

How many of us could say they know someone that would be able to afford to give away the Yani as an unwanted present???? :doh:

DavidUK

Gumtree removed a fake £350 Selmer MkVi in less than half an hour after I reported it.

Google "Selmer mk 6 alto sax (copy)" in Dowlais, Merthyr Tydfil and click on cached version via the drop down arrow on the Google link top line.

Vetinari

Subscriber
if we all stop buying and selling sax related stuff on ebay, maybe they will realise that something is wrong with the way they do not control these purveyors of fakery.

jazzdoh

It's a difficult thing to wipe out there are so many forgeries being produced, there seems to be very little regulation in China where most of these originate from.
The bottom line for buyers is "if it looks too good to be true then leave it alone" of course there are exceptions and bargains to be had but you need to do your homework and research so that you don't get your fingers burnt.

Vintage mouthpieces seem to be the popular thing to fake especially Meyer Bros altos and vintage Links tenors because they have a high value and the fakers are getting better at copying these mouthpieces and it's getting more difficult to spot the fakes, and in the future it will be difficult for genuine sellers to sell these items.
Why can't China take the lead in stamping this out, I'm sure in the long run it would be more beneficial for them to do this.

TBay

China has adopted capitalism and its love of money, the idea of ‘intellectual property’ does not make money for them so is quietly ignored.

Ivan

Undecided
Subscriber
These bargain Yanis are going like hotcakes

Must, must, must keep bidding

nigeld

I don't need another mouthpiece; but . . .
Subscriber
These bargain Yanis are going like hotcakes

Must, must, must keep bidding
Fourth time lucky maybe!
Let us know how you get on with it when it arrives.

Saxholder Pro

Members OnlineStatistics

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom