Facebook Privacy (lack of)

D

Deleted member 5000

That is incredible.

Was this a call to an organisation who may record calls “for security”
If was, it still doesn’t explain how Facebook had it

I hope it somehow wasn’t a recording of a private call between two individuals

I've read somewhere that the facebook-app can access the microphone at any time. That's why I never installed that app on my personal phone.

SaxoFREAK

saX on the bEaCH..
Subscriber
Most of us actively seek to protect our privacy but once we subscribe to the likes of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc then we are well and truly compromised, run a website or forum and connect that to the above App's then you might as well forget all about anything private, sad state of affairs but that is technology for you..

jonf

I've checked mine, and it was all very innocuous. But there's a reason for that. I am ultra cautious about what I allow to sync across various devices, about settings and so on. I work in IT and have a good level of awareness of how easy it is to let your personal data leak. It is so incredibly easy to allow data to be shared with Facebook, the various Google tools, other social media and so on. Every time you install an app or set up a new device there are innocuous looking buttons to press. These are what tells your devices to share stuff. No warnings, no 'do you really want to share that stuff' messages or anything. Before you know it your life history is on Facebook, as well as all the other social media you use.

Halfers

Finger Flapper
Subscriber
Can you check what facebook knows if your account was closed2-3 years ago?
If you've only deactivated your account, you can reactivate it and request your data. If you have deleted your account completely, then your information should also be deleted. How you would check this in principle, I have no idea.

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Cafe Moderator
Sorry, but I agree. Post on social media, everything there is public, including stuff you didn't expect. The phone call is pushing it, though. They should be asked to explain that.

Phil

Commercial Subscriber
I never cared for or trusted antisocial media. I only made a business Facebook page after being nagged by so many people. I think zuckerbum is a spoiled child. I especially refuse to use twitter. I think a medium with severley limited characters undermines the foundations of thought. Additionally, the worlds biggest moron in power frequents its pages. A worldwide boycott would do some good.

Last edited:

Colin the Bear

I don't use my phone for social media. I've had several friends have their phone grass them up about their whereabouts. These smart phones are smarter than we know. This just adds to my paranoia.

Top Bottom