All profit supporting   special needs music

SOLD F/S Pierre Bernette Artiste Paris black wood bass clarinet to low Eb

milandro

Locality
the Netherlands
This would be the ideal chance for those who want to acquire a quality, low Eb, wooden bass clarinet at a decent price. Of course you could buy a beat up school band used Bundy-Buescher made of resonite and spend, perhaps as much or even less, but this is another kettle of fish, I can promise you that.

This Pierre Bernette is a mysterious maker. It is mentioned in the New Langwill Index but that is about it when it comes to information, however from the way this clarinet is made it is clear that this is a quality instrument.

Unlike many other student’s instruments, for example, it features a second register key on the neck, a function that is typical of the better made instruments.

This clarinet came with an old and smelly case which I have binned because it was unusable and I’ve now made my own case using a Samsonite-like case that I have lined with foam.

The clarinet has old leather pads and is completely playable. As usual I always advise to have it checked upon arrival but it shouldn’t need anything major. I would change the cork at least by the neck since that has a little give when you play sitting down by using the peg ( which I don’t particularly like), the peg is bent at an angle probably to improve the playing position of a not too tall person. The neck has a very small ding and the bell has been repaired a few times but all works and it is functional.

There are NO cracks or repairs in the wooden part of the clarinet. The wood is very thick and the joint has also a ferrule (another sign of quality in clarinets). The keys appear to be silver plated ( difficult to say on old metal) but might be nickel silver, I can’t say for sure. Neck and bell are nickel plated.

There is a more than adequate Selmer HS mouthpiece which is an expensive mouthpiece in his own right.

I am asking €800 for local pick up in the Netherlands ( €40 to charity) if you want this shipped you need to add another €100 for paypal fees, insurance and shipment.

Remember that with the Euro this low you are probably paying now a lot less for this that you would have paid one year ago.

PierreBernette_2.jpg~original
PierreBernette_1.jpg~original

aldevis

Surrealist Contributor.
Cafe Moderator
Locality
London
Is the body disassembled in two pieces?

jeremyjuicewah

Locality
Costa Blanca Spain
Saw one of these at John Coppens. He turned the bend in wood and braced the bell. These are completely beautiful and compelling instruments. I would love to own one but I am not planning learning any new instrument for at least a few years now.

This instrument fascinates me. It is a wonderfull piece of work and I envy the lucky person who takes it home.
Mike

milandro

Locality
the Netherlands
thank you for the appreciative words @jeremyjuicewah

I really do appreciate you kind words.

I would prefer, though, if possible to keep this as clean and efficient as possible.

I would like to ask all the members with equal appreciative feelings about my bass clarinets to express that, if the don’t mind with a simple click on a “ LIKE” of the post.

In this way we will keep this ad easy to read for those who might want to consider buying the clarinet . Thanks for your understanding.

milandro

Locality
the Netherlands
sold locally outside the forum, you can remove this ad, thank you

Top Bottom