support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
  • Eligibility to post classifieds

The Yardsale is not intended for use by people joining the forum purely to sell an item, so members must have at least 40 posts to be eligible. However new members may post if they either:

• upgraded their account with an annual (not monthly) subscription. This is for access to sell without needing the 40 posts and the contribution after a successful sale still applies.
    • or pay the 5% contribution on the initial listing price up front (non refundable) then a listing will be allowed.

In either case please contact us if you are not yet able to posts

SOLD F/S Buesher 400 (Emperor made for Boosey & Hawkes) low Bb baritone

milandro

Locality
the Netherlands
This is a fairly long shot because it will be requiring personal collection in the Netherlands, since it is impossible to send by post and a courier is way too expensive an option.

Personal collection is less a problem than one might think because there are many cheap coaches going up and down between the UK and the NL and on the coach one might take a substantial case containing a Baritone and transport it safely, while you couldn’t do this on a plane.

Anyway, for sale is a late (1979) Buescher model 400 stencilled for Boosey & Hawkes (but with the Buescher brand on the G# key) the horn gets to low Bb and has a very large bell.

Pads are mostly original and as far as I can tell, closing.

The horn hasn’t got too many scratches (which are there but are invisible in the pics) and it has been very lightly and carefully used.

It comes with an old and not particularly nice heavy wooden case, suitable for transporting the horn home but in future, if you take the horn out often, better to upgrade to a modern case like a protec or something like that.

It has a Selmer S80 mouthpiece.

I want 1050 euro cash ( 1000 for me and 50 goes to the charity) no paypal or shipping for this price because it is personal collection only. I will bring the horn to any Dutch address within 100 Km. from Amsterdam.

ne6a.jpg

Nice looking horn Andre. With the Euro V Pound at the moment, a competitive price also.:thumb:

thanks :) there aren’t too many baritones around costing less than a second hand Yamaha 275 tenor

As this is post-Selmer take over of Buescher, who actually made it, and where?
Many thanks!

:confused:

If I were looking for a Bari I would snap this up. With all that plumbing :shocked: a real steal.

As this is post-Selmer take over of Buescher, who actually made it, and where?
Many thanks!

:confused:

I think this baritone is a real Buescher construction from the 40's. Constructed before Selmer bought Buescher. Very nice baris and the price is also very nice. These baris is popular in rock&blues. Big sound. If I was going to buy a bari this a model that would fit me.

this is a 1979 horn, but Buescher kept making baris with the same technology for a very long time even after the buy-out, which, took place in 1963

Agreed. I had one of these for a while, bought from Jules of this very site. It absolutely rocked. Great horns.

Agreed. I had one of these for a while, bought from Jules of this very site. It absolutely rocked. Great horns.
Yup.. I concur, served me well for several years and certainly did rock!

Yup.. I concur, served me well for several years and certainly did rock!

The only flaw I found with it was that it was, for me at least, impossible to play quietly......

The only flaw I found with it was that it was, for me at least, impossible to play quietly......

And that's a problem because....? You heard Mudlow, the band I used it with, didn't you?

Nice looking horn Andre. With the Euro V Pound at the moment, a competitive price also.:thumb:

the exchange rate really should help this, I have checked (of course it changes constantly) but it works out like this today

1,050.00 EUR = 884.269 GBP

so unfair, i am really tempted but can not buy this as i have spent too much money on GAS in the month already ;)

there is always another month and a regular ferry service between Norway and Ijmuiden ( 6 Km from where I am)

http://www.aferry.no

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom