All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians

SOLD F/s Alto Stainless Steel Berg Larsen 115 2 SMS (off center)

milandro

Locality
the Netherlands
For sale an unusually open Berg Larsen ALTO mouthpiece , 115 tip size, chamber shape 2 and sms (written off centre) profile.

The person that I bought this from, together with a saxophone, told me that he bought this new in 1975.

I don’t really have enough knowledge to tell which model is which and what the significance of the off centre SMS designation might be.

All I know is that the ligature screws are of the older type and the stainless steel cap hasn’t been produced for several years.

The mouthpiece has an unusually large tip ( but I can still play it although I normally play an 80 tip) and must have been a special order since this size doesn’t appear on regular charts.

I am asking 150€ (EUROS) shipped from the Netherlands, 15euro goes to the Charity!

smfo.jpg

ja4b.jpg
pcga.jpg

Ivan

Undecided
Café Supporter
Locality
Peeblesshire
Does this combination of short facing and deep tip seem a tad brutal?

What effect could I expect if I yielded to temptation?

milandro

Locality
the Netherlands
I have played this mouthpiece. I can play it but I normally play a less open mouthpiece. Having said that, I get a bit brighter sound from this that I get from my Pozol.

I understand that this generation of Berg Larsens are rather appreciated and the off set SMS designations seems to make them collectable.

milandro

Locality
the Netherlands
Incredibly, this mouthpiece is still here. The mouthpiece is really not impossible to play even for those, like me, who play on a lighter set up, it has the “ edge” of the Bergs and some players have a great sound on this type of mouthpiece

We had a great player in the Netherlands, Piet Noordijk ( he sadly passed away not long ago) , who played on Selmer horns and Berg Larsen Alto Mouthpieces as you can see in this video.

So let me reform the offer 100€ (5€ goes to charity), personal collection and cash preferred or + 15€ shipping and paypal

milandro

Locality
the Netherlands
No problem, the Item is reserved to you Kev. Thank you very much! You need it being sent, I suppose.

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Café Supporter
Locality
Just north of Munich
Ta, can't justify a trip that far for a mouthpiece. But payday's almost here.

Popular Discussions

Top Bottom