support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Experiment - conclusions

Tenor Viol

Full of frets in Cumbria
Café Supporter
Locality
Penrith, Cumbria, UK
Dangerous experiments can have strange results. Here is the coffee table in my lounge this morning...

DSC_0246.jpg

The strange object on the table is my bass viol - I was putting a new top D string on it - the old one had snapped!

As you can see, the post has arrived.... :w00t:

DSC_0247.jpg

Gosh - what have we here? :shocked:

DSC_0251.jpg

Tenor Viol is pleased to announce a new member of the family: a Hanson ST8 tenor in silver plate....

How did that get there? :mrcool

GAS attack avoidance - failed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh what a beauty. Well done that man!!
Hope you like it as much as I like mine.
Great news.
Andy

Congrats on the new horn Ron. You can't avoid GAS when it bites. Will we be seeing the tenor next month??

Chris...

Congrats on the new horn Ron. You can't avoid GAS when it bites. Will we be seeing the tenor next month??

Chris...
I'll give it a whirl. Only given it a two minute trial so far. I can get straight up from bottom D to palm key E and a squeaky palm key F. I think the reed I bought (Vandoren 2.5) is too hard. Not tried going lower yet....

Yup that looks familiar. Enjoy it.

Doesn't everyone have a turntable? How else do you play your treasured vinyl?

Looks great. What arm/cartridge do you have on the Linn?

Another sensible purchaser of an ST8 although I think the black and silver is much prettier.

TV is once more confirming he is a connoisseur of fine things.

Well done TV, now you ARE a tenor player.

I am feeling slightly guilty about this criticism, where's the gold plated key work? >:) >:) >:)

How about a Hanson Club?

It's an Ittok and when the Karma needed replacing I went with a Goldring

Well done TV, now you ARE a tenor player.

I am feeling slightly guilty about this criticism, where's the gold plated key work? >:) >:) >:)

How about a Hanson Club?
Thanks OG

In the house are:
an alto (treble) recorder
an alto sax
a tenor recorder
a tenor viol
a tenor sax
a bass recorder
a bass viol
a cello
a piano....

Maybe I should get into mouthpieces/reeds/ligs etc - it'd be cheaper! :)))

It's an Ittok and when the Karma needed replacing I went with a Goldring

Oh dear, not a Supex! I hope you have Pro 9 speakers to complete the quartet :mrcool

Nice sax. I have an ST6, which is supposed to be a copy of a mk6 (which it ain't :shocked:!). The sales pitch for these, was that they had stripped a mk6 and using their 'super duper' measuring equipment, copied it exactly. I don't know which Selmer they got hold of, but it's not the same as my mk6. It plays well though.
My Selmer BA alto, was ruined at o/haul (it now sounds like a Kazoo), when it was silver plated (£800) instead of the gold lacquer (£500) I had requested :shocked::shocked: They had it for years as well. Living in Spain, I had to send in the 'Heavies' to get it back for me. They found it under a bench, untouched :shocked::shocked::shocked:

A very sad,
John :):);}

Just thinking John, there's the new tech moved close to you. Maybe he can sort the BA out....

Oh dear, not a Supex! I hope you have Pro 9 speakers to complete the quartet :mrcool

Nice sax. I have an ST6, which is supposed to be a copy of a mk6 (which it ain't :shocked:!). The sales pitch for these, was that they had stripped a mk6 and using their 'super duper' measuring equipment, copied it exactly. I don't know which Selmer they got hold of, but it's not the same as my mk6. It plays well though.
My Selmer BA alto, was ruined at o/haul (it now sounds like a Kazoo), when it was silver plated (£800) instead of the gold lacquer (£500) I had requested :shocked::shocked: They had it for years as well. Living in Spain, I had to send in the 'Heavies' to get it back for me. They found it under a bench, untouched :shocked::shocked::shocked:

A very sad,
John :):);}

For many years I had active Kabers driven by Linn amps. I switched back to Naim amps and Neat speakers a couple of years ago.

Doesn't everyone have a turntable? How else do you play your treasured vinyl?

I wouldn't be without one. Not quite so extravagant in my case, Linn Axis, Cambridge Audio and Richard Allen BBC monitors.

When this happens it is advisable to turn off all electrical appliances or better still turn of electric at the mains and open all the windows and evacuate the building or alternatively start blowing In a controlled manner and enjoy ....John>:)