PPT mouthpieces

Excellent transcription

Ben Cain

Hi all,
I have just recieved from Curtis at saxsolos.com a transcription of Al Galladoro's version of Summertime on alto. What a fantastic job, resonable price and very fast. I am one of those players that hears music, plays alto and tenor but havent the faintest idea how to transcribe what I hear or begin to play by ear. To find this guy is great. I write this to recommend saxsolos to anyone who is similar to me.
Anyone else have issues with ear playing or hearing something and wanting to play it but not able to start?
All I have to do now is learn to play in F-flat and use those blessed palm keys or alternate high fingerings.

All I have to do now is learn to play in F-flat and use those blessed palm keys or alternate high fingerings.

Are you quite sure about that F-flat? If indeed it is, you will get some in-depth knowledge that others miss out on. OTOH, a few months ago there was a discussion about something being written in E-sharp, and some contributors listed examples where this key had been used. And, as far as I remember, the word "madness" had been used.

Hi Ben

I couldn't agree more saxsolos is a great site I've used them a few times myself.and now I must thank you for introducing me to Al Galladaro I hadn't come across him before.Just listened to the hour of parting on you tube QUITE BRILLIANT my kind of music.if only i could play like that! the dream continues...john

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom