Tutorials

Excellent Chris Potter trio

randulo

Playing alto 2 ⅓ years
Subscriber
Great, inspiring Chris Potter and band. I really appreciate when the YouTube poster takes the time to give the musicians info, too.

OP
S

scotsman

RienButter you are going to have a ball. I was lucky enough to see Chris Potter in Aberdeen a few years ago with his quartet at the Blue Lamp.. An amazing experience although completely over my head of course.. I managed to have a chat to him afterwards, he was really self effacing and a nice guy.. BTW the venue only held about 200 people so was quite intimate. At £15 entry it was the bargain of the century! I managed to get a copy of a video of Chris at Padua (Italy) in 2003. Ive been stealing his licks ever since mate!! Enjoy yourself...Regards

RienButter

RienButter you are going to have a ball. I was lucky enough to see Chris Potter in Aberdeen a few years ago with his quartet at the Blue Lamp.. An amazing experience although completely over my head of course.. I managed to have a chat to him afterwards, he was really self effacing and a nice guy.. BTW the venue only held about 200 people so was quite intimate. At £15 entry it was the bargain of the century! I managed to get a copy of a video of Chris at Padua (Italy) in 2003. Ive been stealing his licks ever since mate!! Enjoy yourself...Regards
Thanx!! Sounds great. Hope to have a chat with him as well. He seems like a very gentle person.

malteof

Growing a beard
Subscriber
Such a good concert - I'm a big fan of his soprano playing as well.

I was fortunate enough to attend a masterclass with him a while ago, it was really cool!

OP
S

scotsman

Hi RienButter..To answer your PM. Been playing reasonably well for 5 yrs. Still learning of course. I use his CD as practice. Just the odd lick then play them one after the other until it makes sense then I can play the DVD and get the timing and dynamics/inflections etc. It helps me a lot. I generally have been focusing on his use of altissimo. It has helped me tremendously with the rest of the horn as well.. Strengthened the embouchure etc. I don't want to sound like him I just want to get better.. (Don't we all) ..As Sonny Rollins said.. "We have to make ourselves as perfect as we can" Regards..

Saxholder Pro

Members OnlineStatistics

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom