support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Exam results

MandyH

Sax-Mad fiend!
Café Supporter
Not wishing to blow my own trumpet :w00t:......

I just got my grade 8 Trinity Jazz Sax results back, and I wanted to share them with you as I am soooo pleased!

I got a distinction! :D

Never....in my wildest dreams....well, almost never.....needless to say.....I am as pleased as Punch! :banana: :happydance: :sax: :clapping:

very happy here!

For those who might be interested, I played Dreams of You, Reality Check and Tabasco.
Then did Scales, Aural and Sight Reading

Way to go girl. :) Does the exam include improvisation as well, or just playing jazz tunes?
the "Reality Check" piece is 32 bars of written head, 32 bars of improvisation on the chords changes, then back to the written head which I pulled around a bit. It is based on the chord changes of "I got Rhythm" - I scored 21 out of 22 for that piece :)

Very well done Mandy !! You must indeed be well chuffed !!:sax:
How was the sight reading - funk or swing?

Thank you .

Sight reading was "steady rock beat" in Bb major, in 4/4, with one accidental (a top Db). It contained quavers and semi-quavers (as well as crotchets and minims), but was fairly straight-forward
I was somewhat surprised at the relative ease of it, having practiced pieces in 5 flats like a mad woman!

Not wishing to blow my own trumpet :w00t:......

I just got my grade 8 Trinity Jazz Sax results back, and I wanted to share them with you as I am soooo pleased!

I got a distinction! :D

Never....in my wildest dreams....well, almost never.....needless to say.....I am as pleased as Punch! :banana: :happydance: :sax: :clapping:

very happy here!

For those who might be interested, I played Dreams of You, Reality Check and Tabasco.
Then did Scales, Aural and Sight Reading

Brilliant Mandy, well done!!!!