All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians

Every Breath You Take

Il Padrino

Locality
Hitchin, Hertfordshire
I'd recently been asked to record a version of this with just piano or guitar accompanying a sax, so here it is warts and all - quick mix.

Whether you love him or hate him, Sting (with and without The Police) is a wonderful song writer.

https://soundcloud.com/speranza-1/every-breath-you-take

Last edited:

fibracell

WOW ! Really nice version - much better than the original (except for the guitar part;)).
Did you also play the piano part? Very tasty chords changes:cool:. Really enjoyed the sax playing too!!

Il Padrino

Locality
Hitchin, Hertfordshire
Thanks for the compliments Fibracell. Different from the original, granted, but better me thinks not!

Regretfully, I didn't play the piano part. It does indeed have some nice changes in there... Gospel-ish at times even.

Melissa

Locality
Northamptonshire UK
I'd recently been asked to record a version of this with just piano or guitar accompanying a sax, so here it is warts and all - quick mix.

Whether you love him or hate him, Sting (with and without The Police) is a wonderful song writer.

https://soundcloud.com/speranza-1/every-breath-you-take

Wow, Excellent! Thanks for posting..

Last edited by a moderator:

thesaxman71

A nice refreshing revamp of a classic pop tune, i like the tension and release on your melody notes you replaced and a nice stripped back feel with piano and sax, i have a soft spot for that kind of set up.
and for the record "sting" (Gordon, i prefer his grown up name ;)) is a nice song writer as you said and a pretty wicked big band jazz bass player too so with his background as a jazzer (and as a Geordie) he is bound to be.

Il Padrino

Locality
Hitchin, Hertfordshire
Thanks Bflat, ArtLady and thesaxman!

So are ALL Geordies good song writers too then...? ;)

Popular Discussions

London
Paris
New York
Los Angeles
Sydney
Moscow
New Delhi
Top Bottom