All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

Evening all, and a happy New Year from deepest Surrey

Meldrew

Hello, one and all.

I've been lurking for a while but have decided to break cover and be brave enough to post. I'm a born-again sax player of 44, who turned to the tenor after my kids showed that we do have some musical ability in the family.

Two years ago I started lessons, and have enjoyed every minute of it apart from the exams! Having got this far, I reckon I'll be doing this for life and have just spent a happy day trying out saxes at sax.co.uk, coming away with a nice new Yamaha that should keep me busy for some time to come.

Looking forward to participating further!

allansto

So hello ,welcome and happy new year.
What have you been playing for the past 2 years
and which yamaha did you buy?

old git

Tremendous Bore
Welcome to the caff©, Mel.

Clandon, home of the two best 90 degree bends in Surrey and a stately home. Yours?

ENJOY!™

Meldrew

OG - better than the tightening right hander onto the A3 at Guildford;}? And no, Milord Onslow didn't remember me in his will, so Meldrew Towers remains a more humble affair than Clandon Park.

allansto - I was playing a Yamaha 275, but after exhaustively faffing about with lots of different instruments, settled on a 82 Custom Z with a Link metal 'piece. It sounds great, and had a flexibility I couldn't quite match with anything else...I went desperately wanting a Selmer or a Yani, but I guess I have Yamaha-shaped hands, mouth, and windpipe, 'cos it worked best for me.

Thanks all, and a frohe Neujahr for Kevgermany.

Mr Andersson

Kväll alla, och ett Gott Nytt År från djupaste Sangis, Sverige. En vacker liten lugn by utanför radarn i Norrbotten (ja, tyst när jag inte spelar en av mina saxofoner) Välkommen till kaféet.
Well that's my Swedish, not so good yet & to help y'all here's the English version ;
Evening all, and a happy New Year from deepest Sangis, Sweden. A beautiful little quiet village off the radar(grid) in Norrbotten(well, quiet when I'm not playing one of my saxophones) Welcome to the cafe.:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr Andersson

Oh yeah, I don't believe it, but I forgot to ask if you can say "Hi" to my Mum, in Great Bookham, if you go past there- Thanks.:cool:

TomMapfumo

Hi Meldrew!

A Big Welcome to the Cafe from the Skabertawe Lites down by yer in Wales, mind! Glad you've really taken to the sax and also found a sense of long term destiny! You are certainly quite young for a Late Bloomer but will probably age physically at some point, though will inevitably become younger mentally.

I look forward to keeping in touch with your progess - which exams have you done by the way (ABRSM, ABRSM Jazz, Trinity, London College of Music, or other)?

Kind regards
Tom:thumb:

trimmy

One day i will...
Welcome to the cafe Meldrew (victor by any chance) >:)

Enjoy your new journey

Meldrew

Well, thanks again.

Tom - I've just done my grade 4 with ABRSM ("legit", rather than jazz) and clearly have a long way to go.:D

Mr Andersson - consider it done next time I go to the fishmonger! Tom, give my regards to my Aunt in Gelinudd, by the way.

Top Bottom