support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Accessories Eureka! It's yer boots

spike

Old Indian
Locality
Half way up a hill
Okay all this talk about ligs, reeds, necks, mouthpieces, the most fabulous horn in the universe and whatever gas gear stuff. Ferget it!

Today I found the ultimate solution to becoming the sax god you've always dreamed of being - It's yer boots.

I've been gigging and shedding, band rehearsals and practicing a lot lately but at the end of the day I was always sort of "Oh no man, I'm just not hittin' it". I've been lying awake in bed at night for weeks now, tossin' and turnin' wonderin' what is it? what's missing?

Anyway I needed some new boots so I looked around and nothin' really grabbed me until I saw a pair of dusty looking ankle boots in the corner of a local shoo shop. They were marked down, 20% off, lost and lonely, nobody obviously wanted 'em but they looked very kewl indeed, ****kicker style but with a round toe - and they were my size. Tried 'em on - not an absolute perfect fit but there was something about them, say no more, they had to be mine.

When I got home I put 'em on, did some striding about and immediately felt like I was walkin' like ten feet tall, like a new man, hey. And then for some reason I found myself drawn into my studio, picked up my tenor and just blew my blues away. Everything just fell into place, the shadowy mist that's been hanging over me just evaporated. Nobody will believe me, but it's a true story.

Ferget the sax gear gas. Stand tall, go get yerself some magic boots.

Alice

Psychedelic
Locality
Kent
Perfect excuse for me to go and buy some new ones! Thanks Spike! I've seen just the ones too!

trimmy

One day i will...
Locality
Liverpool ( Pool of Life )
"These boots were made for honkin and that's just what they'll do"

Al Ex

Locality
France
Ok, I'll buy cool shoes then. But I'll try to get a Selmer Mk6 too, just in case. And another mouthpiece, and a new lig, maybe. Then, I shall be able to celebrate my first year of sax playing the way it has to ben celebrated. Oh wait, my wife's here and... *OUCH*

altissimo

Locality
leicester
64516ebc473d65c045a419d3129e9413.jpg

Targa

Among the pigeons
Locality
KIC 8462852
Couldn't find the Millicent Martin original from TWTWTW but there is this version.

MandyH

Sax-Mad fiend!
Café Supporter
Locality
The Malverns, Worcs
Okay all this talk about ligs, reeds, necks, mouthpieces, the most fabulous horn in the universe and whatever gas gear stuff. Ferget it!

Today I found the ultimate solution to becoming the sax god you've always dreamed of being - It's yer boots.

I've been gigging and shedding, band rehearsals and practicing a lot lately but at the end of the day I was always sort of "Oh no man, I'm just not hittin' it". I've been lying awake in bed at night for weeks now, tossin' and turnin' wonderin' what is it? what's missing?

Anyway I needed some new boots so I looked around and nothin' really grabbed me until I saw a pair of dusty looking ankle boots in the corner of a local shoo shop. They were marked down, 20% off, lost and lonely, nobody obviously wanted 'em but they looked very kewl indeed, ****kicker style but with a round toe - and they were my size. Tried 'em on - not an absolute perfect fit but there was something about them, say no more, they had to be mine.

When I got home I put 'em on, did some striding about and immediately felt like I was walkin' like ten feet tall, like a new man, hey. And then for some reason I found myself drawn into my studio, picked up my tenor and just blew my blues away. Everything just fell into place, the shadowy mist that's been hanging over me just evaporated. Nobody will believe me, but it's a true story.

Ferget the sax gear gas. Stand tall, go get yerself some magic boots.

Yours is the first post I've seen with almost every rating going, across the bottom of it!
That made me smile almost as much as your post.
You have divided the opinion of the cafe community quite spectacularly!

But, hey! if it works, don't knock it!

spike

Old Indian
Locality
Half way up a hill
Cobblers!
'Ello Stephen, love your story :D Especially the punch line.
Pity you're so far away, my missus runs an Outdoor store.
I've got everything from Timberlands to lightweight hikers for dog walkin' in the black forest and last but not least high-tec Himalayans for gigs at the Nanjapuram basecamp, but I only wear those for gigs on the back of a trailer in the middle of a muddy field.
The ones I got yesterday are really magic, as soon as I put 'em on it's Wabash Cannonball and chicken sax time and as an added bonus I can wear them and drive my car at the same time, and although they were expensive they were cheaper than a new mouthpiece and they don't squeak ;)

Last edited:

Colin the Bear

Locality
Burnley bb9 9dn
I must admit that shoes do make the gig go better.

Attachments

• Frankie's 22.jpg
    Frankie's 22.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 116
Top Bottom