SYOS

Eric Marienthal Interview: Why we sometimes stall when learning

randulo

Positivity-obsessed
Subscriber

Rob Pealing

sax in a kayak (apprentice sax tamer)
Subscriber
Thank you for posting this link, I think I will find it helpful. I suspect some of the other podcasts in the series will be helpful too.

buddy lee

This is great stuff, thanks for posting. I recently had a very frustrating day after some fruitless practicing, and this is just what I needed to hear.

randulo

Positivity-obsessed
Subscriber
Here's the thing about Eric. You've all heard about how nasty some of the great jazz players have been, or how selfish, or how messed up in various ways. Eric, and John Patitucci at ArtistWorks are some of the nicest, most generous musicians I've ever encountered. Sure, few people are going to say revolutionary things every time they speak, but I listen to most of what any of these people have to say, Dave Sanborn, too, and Micheal Brecker. These folks are giants. The giants whose work they are building on were not all so kind and generous, certainly because they got little respect and had no means to support themselves other than gigs. When the giants speak, it's usually worth listening to, especially if it's free. (Even when it's not.)

Last edited:

saxyjt

Saxus Circus Maximus
Subscriber
Typical Miles Davis!

He was a boxer. So he hit you with one good punch and let you digest it.

The level of musical creativity between those two...

Top Bottom