support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Accessories Ergonomic Heavy Mass Saxophone Neck Screws

I am ordering a few to test and have other players who play much better than I do try them out. I will report back afterwards. A double blind test would be required to determine if the sound coming from the saxophone is actually changed by the added mass in the area of the neck tenon. It may just alter the "bio-acoustic" feedback received by the player giving the sensation that the sound has changed. What piqued my interest is that Tim McAllister, one of the finest classical players in the world made this statement in his endorsement:

"The impact on the tone at this important nodal point of the instrument is quite pronounced. I believe that these screws help to generate an enhanced warmth and projection of a sound that I find desirable."

What piqued my interest is that Tim McAllister, one of the finest classical players in the world made this statement in his endorsement:

"The impact on the tone at this important nodal point of the instrument is quite pronounced. I believe that these screws help to generate an enhanced warmth and projection of a sound that I find desirable."

Professional players are not immune to snake oil salesmen.

this is beginning to remind me of the HiFi lunacy which swept the 1980s with that guy Peter Belt who managed to confince thousands that sticking special foil triangles on the door to the room and bits of HiFi gear made it sound better ..

Believe me if oversized neck screws made saxes sound better, every sax out there would have had them by the 1950s . all neck has to do is seal, PTFE Tape would benefit more horns than those things

"B*ll*c*s" is the first comment that comes to mind, mostly due to the pictures.
While I do not exclude the possibility that increased mass in a nodal point could maybe affect the sound, I find very fortunate that a nodal point is exactly where the tenon screws are.

Don’t delay! Get screwed...TODAY!

I am not sure they will hire you in their marketing department.

well, as far as I can tell they don’t have a marketing department yet and presumably their R&D is just a block notes next to the company owner’s bed but give them time.

I have heard they are already thinking of acquiring shares in the famous Screw magazine.

By then my marketing strategies would be a screw perfectly fitting the purpose

that would be the Saint Gennaro’s melting of his blood!

san-gennaro.jpg

Support Cafesaxophone

Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Back
Top Bottom