All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians

Accessories Ergonomic Heavy Mass Saxophone Neck Screws

jbtsax

Café Supporter
Locality
Beautiful Springville, Utah USA
I am ordering a few to test and have other players who play much better than I do try them out. I will report back afterwards. A double blind test would be required to determine if the sound coming from the saxophone is actually changed by the added mass in the area of the neck tenon. It may just alter the "bio-acoustic" feedback received by the player giving the sensation that the sound has changed. What piqued my interest is that Tim McAllister, one of the finest classical players in the world made this statement in his endorsement:

"The impact on the tone at this important nodal point of the instrument is quite pronounced. I believe that these screws help to generate an enhanced warmth and projection of a sound that I find desirable."

jbtsax

Café Supporter
Locality
@Colin the Bear I don't understand them either. I have played saxophone for 47 years and never had a problem tightening my traditional neck screw.

Targa

Among the pigeons
Café Supporter
Locality
KIC 8462852
Boris Karloff would have liked them.

Nick Wyver

noisy
Café Supporter
Locality
Minster On Sea
What piqued my interest is that Tim McAllister, one of the finest classical players in the world made this statement in his endorsement:

"The impact on the tone at this important nodal point of the instrument is quite pronounced. I believe that these screws help to generate an enhanced warmth and projection of a sound that I find desirable."

Professional players are not immune to snake oil salesmen.

jbtsax

Café Supporter
Locality
I suppose everyone would like to play like they had "brass balls".

milandro

Locality
the Netherlands
I am in no doubt of this being a “ Heavy Screw” but as long as this happens between consenting adults who are we to judge?

Ads

Locality
North West UK
this is beginning to remind me of the HiFi lunacy which swept the 1980s with that guy Peter Belt who managed to confince thousands that sticking special foil triangles on the door to the room and bits of HiFi gear made it sound better ..

Believe me if oversized neck screws made saxes sound better, every sax out there would have had them by the 1950s . all neck has to do is seal, PTFE Tape would benefit more horns than those things

milandro

Locality
the Netherlands
if you think that a heavy mass screw would improve your sound you DESERVE buying two and get heavily screwed.

Don’t delay! Get screwed...TODAY!

Last edited:

aldevis

Surrealist Contributor.
Cafe Moderator
Locality
London
"B*ll*c*s" is the first comment that comes to mind, mostly due to the pictures.
While I do not exclude the possibility that increased mass in a nodal point could maybe affect the sound, I find very fortunate that a nodal point is exactly where the tenon screws are.

Don’t delay! Get screwed...TODAY!

I am not sure they will hire you in their marketing department.

milandro

Locality
the Netherlands
well, as far as I can tell they don’t have a marketing department yet and presumably their R&D is just a block notes next to the company owner’s bed but give them time.

I have heard they are already thinking of acquiring shares in the famous Screw magazine.

By then my marketing strategies would be a screw perfectly fitting the purpose

milandro

Locality
the Netherlands
that would be the Saint Gennaro’s melting of his blood!

san-gennaro.jpg

Members online

Popular Discussions

London
Paris
New York
Los Angeles
Sydney
Moscow
New Delhi
Top Bottom