support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Ligatures Enlightened Ligature Theo Wanne Where to purchase?

Well personally, I'm disappointed. There's no size given on the chart for a Rico Royal (ie Graftonite) mouthpiece. Looks like I won't be shelling out $85 for one of these, then. Maybe I'll just get 4 spare mouthpieces instead.

;};};};}

Well, it looks very pretty, but $85 for a band of metal? With shipping, VAT and customs release fee that's going to be about a hundred quid. Come on. And what sort of ligature needs Set Up Instructions?

I read quite a bit on this Enlightened lig on various forums, and got put off! It seems it is a bit easy to move position when you adjust/twist the MP for tuning, also for lining up.I would think the smaller the surface area for it to grip makes more liable to move? So played safe and bought a good old faithful Selmer 2 screw brass lig and brass cap. (not many left now) as there is the new repacement single screw.
Most of my sax hero's (vintage) managed quite well with the 2 screw brass lig,Also I would rather have the tightening joint on the lig on the read surface not the MP surface because of marking, it is the opposite on the Selmer 1 screw.

Congratulations on becoming "Enlightened"! Just think how many Vintage players of yesteryear would love to have had access to some of the excellent stuff that is now available.....................I bet Sonny Rollins would be playing a PPT rather than a Berg Larsen;}

Congratulations on becoming "Enlightened"! Just think how many Vintage players of yesteryear would love to have had access to some of the excellent stuff that is now available.....................I bet Sonny Rollins would be playing a PPT rather than a Berg Larsen;}
Yes that is a possibility Tom,But he sounds good enough for me using his outdated stuff!

Good choice. I see no point in paying stupid prices for a ligature that doesn't work very well.

No ligature makes any difference to my sound that I can hear, I just use what fits well.
I think that overall, a brass/metal lig will sound a bit brighter than a material one, I would think that binding a MP with heavy material would deaden (darken to be posh) the sound a bit? I would think that if you bound a MP in material like leather or man made material..I mean keep binding it so it was in a ball it would stop the whole mouthpiece itself from vibrating somewhat, but the single sheet of brass being hard and dense would become part of the whole mouthpiece and ring its sound out more? Just my opinion, I know there has been lots of research on this subject, but to me, I cant hear the difference I must admit,some can though.Can they hear whether a lig is gold plated? Like it is claimed by the manufacturers. Would be great for some blind tests?

Support Cafesaxophone

Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Back
Top Bottom