All fees from subs and sales are given to special needs music education charities
ArtistWorks

English as she is spoke

Moz

Looked at the Daily Mail website this evening (unfortunate redirect) and notice the Britain's Got Talent Tour has Julian Smith playing the saxaphone (sic). Now forgive me but wasn't (isn't) Saxa a trade name for a supplier of salt. I wonder how the guy gets the condiment to make that noise, you know, the one that sounds like a saxophone?

Martin

old git

Tremendous Bore
Very pedantic, admittedly but shouldn't the thread title read "English as she is written"? :confused:

Condiments of the season. ;}

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
I wasn't aware that our language had a gender. In these days of political correctness, English, like all nouns, should either be neutered or exist in both masculine and feminine forms when appropriate. Englishe anyone? Or is the current state of once great Britain, evidence of it's neutered state?

old git

Tremendous Bore
I wasn't aware that our language had a gender. In these days of political correctness, English, like all nouns, should either be neutered or exist in both masculine and feminine forms when appropriate. Englishe anyone? Or is the current state of once great Britain, evidence of it's neutered state?
I thought I was being pedantic :shocked: ;}

berniesax

saxaphone

if i see "saxaphone" especially in ad.s or e.bay i tend to give it a wide birth i always thought it was just me ?

Saxholder Pro

Members OnlineStatistics

Help!

Top Bottom