All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

End of the year jam

Wade Cornell

Subscriber
I'm blessed to have such good musician friends who come around to jam and party. This is a trio of Derek Tearne on Bass and the amazing Nigel Gavin on guitar (with various boxes and gadgets). I'm playing Alto and sopranino on this one. The quality isn't great as its just a Zoom with it's own microphones. There are other tracks (blues, Latin, free, etc.) if anyone is interested. Post a reply if you'd like to hear more. Nothing planned, written or rehearsed. Just the way it can happen in Kiwiland.

DeadAudiolink Removed

Wishing all a Happy New Year.

Last edited by a moderator:

daveysaxboy

Big ruff Geordie bendy metal blower
Sounds nice and fun.Shame your not closer to the zoom.The rest is in the right place but i little louder would of been a very nice blend and recording .The zoom is a great little piece of kit.Just press and it can get great results.Throw up the rest for us.

Wade Cornell

Subscriber
Thanks! The zoom had to be close to the power point, so limited what was possible. I also have little control over the levels that others play at. The guys I was playing with knew I was recording, but I didn't want to make a big deal of it as they are pros and wouldn't appreciate taking time for checks as this would seem like something more than "casual" recording. So it was a set and forget job. I was actually closer than anyone else to the recorder, but I think my body was in the way part of the time. Will try to figure this out better next time, but still wouldn't want to do sound checks as it's just casual.

Will post (throw up?) more from the jam over the next few weeks.

Saxholder Pro

Members online

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom