support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Emily

Emily is one of my favorite tunes as well---especially as played by Paul Desmond. For those who are interested I have created a play-along in my favorite key and at the tempo I like to play the tune. Emily

In order to download the file from SoundCloud go to this link Soudcloudripper.com and put the SoundCloud address under Download. Once that is done just hit enter. DO NOT CLICK THE GREEN ARROWS, as they will take you to an ad.

I also have a nice transcription of Desmond's solo on Emily from his "Summertime" CD in pdf format. Can someone tell me if there is any way I can upload that file to make it available for others on this forum? I'm not smart enough to figure that out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Emily is one of my favorite tunes as well---especially as played by Paul Desmond. For those who are interested I have created a play-along in my favorite key and at the tempo I like to play the tune. Emily

In order to download the file from SoundCloud go to this link Soudcloudripper.com and put the SoundCloud address under Download. Once that is done just hit enter. DO NOT CLICK THE GREEN ARROWS, as they will take you to an ad.

I also have a nice transcription of Desmond's solo on Emily from his "Summertime" CD in pdf format. Can someone tell me if there is any way I can upload that file to make it available for others on this forum? I'm not smart enough to figure that out.

If you have dropbox you could add it there and post a link or upload it as an image. Very kind offer :) Thanks for the BT too

Last edited:
Thanks to Chris and Sue, I have discovered "Dropbox" and can upload files I would like to share.

Paul Desmond's solo Emily

This is actually Steve Khan's hand written transcription copied using Finale Songwriter to make it easier to read so I don't take any credit for taking the solo off the recording. The cadenza-like bars at the end are a bit off since Songwriter would not let me write notation in free rhythms without a time signature.

Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks to Chris, I have discovered "Dropbox" and can upload files I would like to share.

This is actually Steve Khan's hand written transcription copied using Finale Songwriter to make it easier to read so I don't take any credit for taking the solo off the recording. The cadenza-like bars at the end are a bit off since Songwriter would not let me write notation in free rhythms without a time signature.

Enjoy!

Link doesn't appear to be working.

Jx

I have uploaded the file again. It works in Firefox for me. When you see the "preview" of the file in Dropbox the accidentals are screwed up. Don't worry because when you download the pdf file it corrects itself again.

Back
Top Bottom