Café Supporter
Locality
Cambridgeshire
Beautiful dynamics in your playing, sounds great

B Flat

Locality
Melbourne Australia
Thanks for listening.
I love this tune and especially when played by Zoot.

Ivan

Undecided
Café Supporter
Locality
Peeblesshire
Deffo not the Floyd

Great tune though thanks

jbtsax

Café Supporter
Locality
Beautiful Springville, Utah USA
Emily is one of my favorite tunes as well---especially as played by Paul Desmond. For those who are interested I have created a play-along in my favorite key and at the tempo I like to play the tune. Emily

In order to download the file from SoundCloud go to this link Soudcloudripper.com and put the SoundCloud address under Download. Once that is done just hit enter. DO NOT CLICK THE GREEN ARROWS, as they will take you to an ad.

I also have a nice transcription of Desmond's solo on Emily from his "Summertime" CD in pdf format. Can someone tell me if there is any way I can upload that file to make it available for others on this forum? I'm not smart enough to figure that out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Melissa

Locality
Northamptonshire UK
You have some real soulful expressionism there, I like this!

Sue

One prosecco, two prosecco, three prosecco - floor
Café Supporter
Locality
The Millenium Falcon
Emily is one of my favorite tunes as well---especially as played by Paul Desmond. For those who are interested I have created a play-along in my favorite key and at the tempo I like to play the tune. Emily

In order to download the file from SoundCloud go to this link Soudcloudripper.com and put the SoundCloud address under Download. Once that is done just hit enter. DO NOT CLICK THE GREEN ARROWS, as they will take you to an ad.

I also have a nice transcription of Desmond's solo on Emily from his "Summertime" CD in pdf format. Can someone tell me if there is any way I can upload that file to make it available for others on this forum? I'm not smart enough to figure that out.

If you have dropbox you could add it there and post a link or upload it as an image. Very kind offer :) Thanks for the BT too

Last edited:

jbtsax

Café Supporter
Locality
Thanks to Chris and Sue, I have discovered "Dropbox" and can upload files I would like to share.

Paul Desmond's solo Emily

This is actually Steve Khan's hand written transcription copied using Finale Songwriter to make it easier to read so I don't take any credit for taking the solo off the recording. The cadenza-like bars at the end are a bit off since Songwriter would not let me write notation in free rhythms without a time signature.

Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
Locality
Cheshire UK
Thanks to Chris, I have discovered "Dropbox" and can upload files I would like to share.

This is actually Steve Khan's hand written transcription copied using Finale Songwriter to make it easier to read so I don't take any credit for taking the solo off the recording. The cadenza-like bars at the end are a bit off since Songwriter would not let me write notation in free rhythms without a time signature.

Enjoy!

Link doesn't appear to be working.

Jx

jbtsax

Café Supporter
Locality
I have uploaded the file again. It works in Firefox for me. When you see the "preview" of the file in Dropbox the accidentals are screwed up. Don't worry because when you download the pdf file it corrects itself again.

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
Locality
Cheshire UK
I have uploaded the file again. It works in Firefox for me. When you see the "preview" of the file in Dropbox the accidentals are screwed up. Don't worry because when you download the pdf file it corrects itself again.

Working now :)

Thank you

Jx

Popular Discussions

London
Paris
New York
Los Angeles
Sydney
Moscow
New Delhi
Top Bottom