support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Wind Controller EMEO (Electric-practice) saxophone

Thanks @Caz ,
Good honest and accurate appraisal of this piece of kit which I personally hope is still in it's infancy regards features and marketing strategy.
Perhaps an admin can copy your review over to the original thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks @Caz ,
Good honest and accurate appraisal of this piece of kit which I personally hope is still in it's infancy regards features and marketing strategy.
Perhaps an admin can copy your review over to the original thread.

Your welcome

The instrument is what it is (a midi controller) and as such is uninteresting in itself. It will be interesting to see how the eco system will evolve around it Ex: Third party apps that will integrate with the Emeo, New sounds, Android/ios devices that can handle audio latenecy with the Emeo, Local repair options, accessories (like stands, straps, cases, alternative necks etc).

I wouldn’t bet anytime soon they are going to develop bite sensors or vibrato control into the emeo.

Only one i can think of is the Aerophone - Thought the Yds-150 might have one, but it doesn't (afik)

Last edited:
Only one i can think of is the Aerophone - Thought the Yds-150 might have one, but it doesn't (afik)
No, the YDS would be far better with one, but it's complicated and the price is already stretching it. The WX5 is very controllable, though.

It looks like a good start, though not saxy. Still well equipped. Lol.
They are offering free preorder but no price as yet. Artinoise Re.corder - the recorder reinvented
Their Kickstarter is still in place, though the device in the video seems a bit more developed.. it indicates pricing, so, what? + 100% for "reality bites"?

Again with the auto vibrato? No respect!
If I had to take a wild guess, without some vibrato the straight tone would be very plain and dull. But this thing seems to have breath control, so they player can fix that.

Last edited:
I wish them well, and hope it's a nice instrument. It apparently is a MIDI controller, so that could be cool for kids or anyone who plays recorder. On the other hand, I was bitten badly by a Kickstarter project and would never do that again.

I was considering the EMEO and the Yamaha YDS. I ended up getting the YDS, because it will play out of the box, no phones or midi-enabled computers required. Price was also a factor as the EMEO is twice the YDS. Also, the YDS has a mechanism that provides feedback when you blow in it - if feels a lot like blowing in a sax, so i would say it works well.

I use it for practice. Like the EMEO, as Caz pointed up earlier in the thread, the keywork translates well. If i learn a tune on the YDS, i can play it on the sax too. Though the real sax keywork is smoother than the YDS. I have issue with the feel and sensitivity of some of the keys. If you dont press them just right, you can get unexpected results (wrong notes). I would assume that the EMEO has significantly better keywork, that should be its advantage.

However, I wish the EMEO had built-in sounds. Even if they were mediocre (as they are in the YDS), they would make practicing, and portability, more convenient. All the YDS needs is a set of batteries. Or a USB cable and headphones. Keeps thngs simple, and i get quite a bit of use out of it. I'd even say that when i want to learn a new tune, i'd rather learn it on the YDS.

My 2 cents.

I find myself hankering a midi wind controller, or to be more specific a re.corder. Wondering if anyone out there has experience with it. Thomann are doing them for just under £140 shipped. So. it's a very affordable way to get back into wind synths if it works well.
Here's a page with 3 demos.

Sounds dreadful
I thought the electronic sounds where a bit bad - I'm no expert at all. But I suppose the midi can be directed at a better sound engine.
As a wind controller, it seems to have a lot of sensors available for the price.

Sounds dreadful
All these wind synths "both cheap and expensive" suffer in the preset patch dept in my opinion. The wind sounds in particular just sound like over processed cheese .complete with 1998 reverb tee heeee.

Really .if I do decide to get one at all it will be used strictly to control racks of VSTI'S and reason. loads of scope to trigger Arpeggiators and Weird stuff . Actually .what is putting me off is the potential latency and transposition issues.
I've watched lot's of newish YouTube videos and considering they are mainly being presented by pros and teachers and if they can't get the wow factor out of the thing, perhaps that speaks volumes, but again. It's a very cheap entry to wind controlled Midi.