support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
  • Eligibility to post classifieds

The Yardsale is not intended for use by people joining the forum purely to sell an item, so members must have at least 40 posts to be eligible. However new members may post if they either:

• upgraded their account with an annual (not monthly) subscription. This is for access to sell without needing the 40 posts and the contribution after a successful sale still applies.
    • or pay the 5% contribution on the initial listing price up front (non refundable) then a listing will be allowed.

In either case please contact us if you are not yet able to posts

SOLD Elkhart Deluxe Straight Bronze Soprano Saxophone For Sale

Ads

Locality
North West UK
My Elkhart Deluxe Straight Sop is up for grabs, it`s the less common and nicer one piece light Bronze (Rose Brass ? , less copper in than the deep Yani/BW bronze anyway) body version . it has Brass laquer Pillars and Keywork and the Stack tubes are a lovely mix of Brass Laquer and Nickel .. The keywork on this Taiwanese sax is lovely and it plays superb from end to end, has that lovely mellow sound.

Condition is superb throughout with only a few scratches inside the bell and the neck cork looking a bit grotty though it doesn`t need re-corking for functionality reasons . Pads are excellent and not tacky , little else in the way of scratches though not mint of course, it`s a sax that`s been played ..

Comes with Original case (good condition), Yamaha 4C mouthpiece with new pad, Yam Lig and cap, new 1.5 Reed, And a Padsaver cleaner brush thingy ...... Sadly Selling because I`m going to have to stick with Curved Sops as the straight is paining my thumb joint to distraction, heavy clarinets are bad enough .

Asking £225 + Courier delivery . this is a really good price for a quality straight Sop like this as I say I`ve not seen a Rose Brass bodied one before .. please PM If interested , Sorry No Swaps (unless you`re insane and hate your Conn 10M Tenor or Yanigisawa Curved Sop)

Pics (hope the link works)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nx7vm4jfvne13jj/-VbKG5BucD

Darnit, if I hadn't just bought a straight sop (absolutely nothing wrong it it, but yours looks prettier!), three mouthpieces, a couple of boxes of different tenor and soprano reeds, and your Lyons C clarinet, I would've snatched this one immediately.

Just thought I`d mention that this Quality Taiwanese made Horn is still up for sale :D

This is still here pining for a new owner :) .

isn`t it just !! ........ a true hidden gem along with the 300 series curved ......

Yea the Elkhart deluxe is a Conn-Selmer 280R red brass soprano but a different stamp, sax.co.uk sell them £899.00.

Boo hoo how did I miss this one right In my price bracket too, going to have to keep my eye on this yardsale more, when you get bored with it Davey let me know and I'll give you your money back and make a donation

Yea the Elkhart deluxe is a Conn-Selmer 280R red brass soprano but a different stamp, sax.co.uk sell them £899.00.

Yup, just shows what a Conn act Conn-Selmer are as they own the Elkhart name . "Smart Shoppers" (Sic) will get the Elkhart Deluxe badged version for a lot less even if it would seem that it`s now only availble in normal Brass .

Boo hoo how did I miss this one right In my price bracket too, going to have to keep my eye on this yardsale more, when you get bored with it Davey let me know and I'll give you your money back and make a donation

Yes its a great horn and very well made

Yup, just shows what a Conn act Conn-Selmer are as they own the Elkhart name . "Smart Shoppers" (Sic) will get the Elkhart Deluxe badged version for a lot less even if it would seem that it`s now only availble in normal Brass .

Lucky me then, makes a bloody change :rofl:

Have a look at the Cash Converters website. They have Elkhart sops for sale on a regular basis

They do get the odd one now and then, there`s a black "Series-300" on there now for around £200 but it`s the two neck design and a lot later than my Curved .. Likely to be a very good horn but I can`t say I like the black body, it`s hardly "gerald Albright" quality .. Anyway I guess I`m finished with Straight sops unless at some stage I land an especially light one .

I checked the Elky Sops on Sax,co and the one thing they all seem to be missing is the high G key which Daveys has, they only have the long F# key like the Curveds .. even the one piece brass one is misisng this and that 300 series 2 neck on Cash Generator is missing it too

There you go - they moved the one you have up a model and cheapened the deluxe ....... I bet the last of the 300 series Curveds aren`t a patch of my refined hi-quality action 15yr old one too ......... All Taiwanese Elkys (all bar the 100 series ?) even the latest ones do seem to be very good indeed even if they`ve economised on the Deluxes now somewhat . I played a Series-II alto (Cheapest of their Taiwan horns) and it was still very good, notably lower in refinement and life than the Jupiter or a Rev-II but better than the usual chinese stuff , on a par with a TJ Classic ..

Back
Top Bottom