All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
PPT Mouthpieces

Electric Motorcycle Racing.

old git

Tremendous Bore
Last year, we had a forum member who was into electric propulsion and I'm too lazy and too much of a technophobe to search for it.

TT fortnight has just passed, did our member's electric bike take part in the quiet race?

Incidentally, those sparkies are recording standing start lap times of just under a ton, something that took many more years to achieve on a Manx. That has reminded me that I am old.:verysad

Young Col

Seem to recall it was Phil Edwards, whom we haven't seen for while.
Tried to search but it wouldn't let me.
YC

MartinL

Last year, we had a forum member who was into electric propulsion and I'm too lazy and too much of a technophobe to search for it.

TT fortnight has just passed, did our member's electric bike take part in the quiet race?

Incidentally, those sparkies are recording standing start lap times of just under a ton, something that took many more years to achieve on a Manx. That has reminded me that I am old.:verysad

How times change eh?.. Amazing

It only feels a couple of years since we took the record at 104 with a 350 TZ Yamaha,
74? 75? I think, closely followed by our 352 Yam at 106...

jonf

Yes, it was Phil's bike. I've seen it, and talked to him about the potential of the beast. However, he was into electric drag racing (no sniggers from you, OG), a very different 'leccy discipline. With the sort of big shove/rapid discharge Phil was talking about I don't know whether his machine could make it over the mountain.

old git

Tremendous Bore
Have looked at The Hunt's site and he is developing a moto crosser, the drag bike, a track bike and a speedway bike. The point that intriques me is that Peter Collins used to move more than Casey, Marco or Elbows Spies. Not as far as them but he was always moving slightly backwards, forwards and sideways.

Speedway bikes are light and so are most riders. Phil is developing this machine with the aid of a league team, wonder if the lesser overall percentage mass of the rider will affect the handling especially in comparison with the horizontal cylinder machines?

Apologies for being serious.

Phil Edwards

Hi folks, I lurk around but haven't contributed to the forum for some time.

With regard to our bike we set the UK record for electric motorcycle drag racing in May. Bike is now in bits whilst we do some development work with Brighton Uni over the summer. The speedway bike's on hold (needs funding) and at the moment we're ploughing on with the small one-make track racer. That should be out on the tracks in August.

TT-zero interests me, might make a bid for the prize for first electric bike to lap above 100mph next year. Got some parts in place, just need to raise about £50k to get there !

Been so busy that sax playing has taken a back seat since the new year.

Phil

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Subscriber
Have looked at The Hunt's site and he is developing a moto crosser, the drag bike, a track bike and a speedway bike. The point that intriques me is that Peter Collins used to move more than Casey, Marco or Elbows Spies. Not as far as them but he was always moving slightly backwards, forwards and sideways.

Speedway bikes are light and so are most riders. Phil is developing this machine with the aid of a league team, wonder if the lesser overall percentage mass of the rider will affect the handling especially in comparison with the horizontal cylinder machines?

Apologies for being serious.

For crying out loud your getting more and more serious by the day OG its getting very worrying

Oh dear this lurking is getting out of control

old git

Tremendous Bore
Already checked the Lotto this morning.

Sorry, you'll have to wait until at least Saturday for your £50K.

Good to hear there is progress, more power, electric of course, to your elbow..

Top Bottom