support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Sheet Music edit scores

eb424

with all the time ive spent on this I may as well learnt to read music, lol.. I struggle reading music so usually play with backing tracks and buy music from sheet music plus and right the notes on top.. being older my eyes and brain are frazzled TBF.. I have also bought mobile sheets which is great and plays the backing track as soon as the music is started. I recently bought meatloafs two out of three aint bad and have transposed it and written the note letter above the note, the music is seven pages in total but there are hardly any words per page. As the piece is written for guitar and vocal there are four staves per page one with lyrics and 2 with notation for another musical instrument. Is there any programme out there that would enable me to get the score. If i could cut the staves that weren't needed i could get it from 7 to 3 pages. I need the words as it helps with my time keeping all my boss at work may say not....

thanks Veggie Dave, its crazy i only want to cut some staves from a pdf tried to convert it to word but couldnt read it lol.. Congrats on the Keilworth BTW. I cant even fit seven pages on my music stand ...how do people do it...

Can you save it as an image file (jpeg, tiff...) and then edit it. If you keep it high enough resolution it should print ok. Finding a program to crop a pdf is a job tbh! If you get stuck wing it my way and I'll do it for you!

A pencil and some paper? It worked for hudreds of years for many. For seven sheets on a music stand you need a page turner. Nice girl...page...you see her at a lot of classical gigs. ;)

A pencil and some paper? It worked for hudreds of years for many. For seven sheets on a music stand you need a page turner. Nice girl...page...you see her at a lot of classical gigs. ;)
thanks Colin the Bear.... ive tried writting it out but would really like the staves I need from the PDF there must be a simple way.. Failling that can you give page my number...

Can you save it as an image file (jpeg, tiff...) and then edit it. If you keep it high enough resolution it should print ok. Finding a program to crop a pdf is a job tbh! If you get stuck wing it my way and I'll do it for you!
Thanks for the offer i cant keep relying on people on here id like to be able to do it myself if i wasnt such a dinosaur... I usually scan the printed PDF after Ive written the notes on then can move it to mobile sheets. I like the ide of having a hard paper copy but seven pages is to much when i could get it down to three... alternatively I could just learn short songs... Would any of the PDF editors do it?? Eddie

thought so... im trying to get modern but was just wondering if there was an old school way i can play backing tracks and read of a stand i guess short pieces it is then.... itll do the world a favour tbf ;)

MobileSheets (and I believe FourScore) let you associate a music file to each score. You can then play your backing track easily. You can even set it up so that it auto-plays the track when you open the score - great if you have a set list of songs and want to rip through them all without having to stop.

Once you've used one of these readers you'll probably never want to see a paper score again.

:thumb: Veggie Dave i'm getting down that route slowly got the tablet and mobile sheets its just so tecky....Nice once in a while to have some paper..

I like windows so just bought a hp elite with a 11" screen so as I can see it lol to small a screen on my samsung. Think the set up will be ok got the foot pedal to try page turning its harder tho because i dont read music i have to print the PDFs and write the notes on.. Then scan back onto my laptop and put on mobile sheets. Its a bit long winded and nice just to play to a backing track at home sometimes with the printed PDF but 7 pages.....Hmm maybe i should by a chalk board....

I did one using scissors and a glue stick. Printed the whole piece, Cut the part I wanted from the full score, stuck them onto a fresh sheet of A4 then ran it through a photo copier. Expensive on paper but reduced from 5 pages to 2.

I sometimes have issues in orchestra where we have been give a loose leaf copy that 3+ pages in length. The only realistic solution is some taping of pages then folding the result into a booklet whose pages you can then turn.

For 3 page ones, I have three pieces of card taped together which I spread out on my music stand, that then forms a backing to the music