Subscriptions and donations are given to special needs music education charities
SYOS

Ebay blues..

Sloth

That could be a very good title for a song actually.

The good thing about losing auctions is that you actually get to keep your money..

Last night I decided to bid on a mint YTS275 which would have ended up costing £550ish with the postage, the same amount I still owe on my rented Trevor James if I decide to buy it (I'm quite happy with my TJ for the record).

So being clever, I waited until there were only a few seconds left so I could swoop down on it like a big greedy eagle. I pressed 'place bid' and sat back smugly. The page appeared - 'Confirm bid to proceed'.

Nooooooooooo! :verysad

half diminished

That could be a very good title for a song actually.

The good thing about losing auctions is that you actually get to keep your money..

Last night I decided to bid on a mint YTS275 which would have ended up costing £550ish with the postage, the same amount I still owe on my rented Trevor James if I decide to buy it (I'm quite happy with my TJ for the record).

So being clever, I waited until there were only a few seconds left so I could swoop down on it like a big greedy eagle. I pressed 'place bid' and sat back smugly. The page appeared - 'Confirm bid to proceed'.

Nooooooooooo! :verysad
Action Sniper. Works for me!

OP
Sloth

Sloth

Thanks, I remember seeing that a while back and wondering where it will all end, with all bids being entered in the last second!

I'm tempted but surely I'd have to give my ebay user/pass out? Maybe I'll just try and remember that darn extra page next time.. I'll have it on my laptop and desktop PC as well, ready to go!

half diminished

Thanks, I remember seeing that a while back and wondering where it will all end, with all bids being entered in the last second!

I'm tempted but surely I'd have to give my ebay user/pass out? Maybe I'll just try and remember that darn extra page next time.. I'll have it on my laptop and desktop PC as well, ready to go!
Yeh but it's fine. I've used it for 3 or 4 years with no problems - helped me win my R&C saxello!

OP
Sloth

Sloth

Yes, it looks a bit 'crook' to me :D

Like I said I'm happy with the TJ (albeit the only sax I've played!) - I have managed to find a teacher round the corner who I'm seeing on Friday so will get an informed opinion on how it measures up.

..And I felt like I was being unfaithful, looking at other saxes on ebay, hehe

Djangette

Not much of a speller either :( - what's with the backward crook the shakey focus and the lack of description? Eeek!

In my opinion Sloth you've probably had a lucky escape - and there's always another of these to come along.

Yes, you can use Sniper software, but if you're going to spend a few hundred, what is wrong with emailing the seller early and saying 'hey, can you give me better pictures, what's serial number, how old is it, where did you get it from, etc, etc - or even if seller is close enough ... 'can I come round and see it/try it?'

I think there was a thread on the old Breakfast Room about best practice on ebay - will see if I can transfer it or you could go there and see what people said.

Caveat Emptor innit?

OP
Sloth

Sloth

Sorry I missed your replies earlier..

Well the way I feel about the sax now is that I feel guilty looking on Ebay at other saxes! And I think I would end up buying another one day and just keeping the TJ as a backup, so the resale value is a moot point.

As I'm learning still it would be a gamble, and not really worth the £200 or so I'll save if I'm lucky, so yes I'll be keeping it, pending a quick checkover by my teacher tomorrow.

And I didn't bid on the pictured sax, it could have been in any old condition judging from that picture!

Saxholder Pro
Help!

Top Bottom