support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Clarinets Eb clarinet stand

EdJ

Locality
UK
I would like to find a stand that holds an Eb clarinet securely and fits in my compact Eb clarinet case for travel.

The closest is the BG flat folding clarinet stand this holds it reasonably well and folds flat so it fits in the outer pocket of te John Packer case but it stretches the pocket so not ideal as the zip or seam of the pocket will fail sooner if I keep cramming it in.

Other clarinet stands, are too bulky to fit in the case with the instrument . The K&M Eb clarinet stand and the Bb stand stick out of the bell to far to fit in the case.

I was wondering if a K&M oboe stand would fit in an Eb clarinet / it’s case and hold the instrument firmly?

Thanks for any feedback if you have tried it or similar.

lydian

Locality
USA
Pretty sure he’s talking about nino.

A really compact in bell stand probably does not exist. The few in bell stand that do are far larger than the bell. My band mate just keeps it on his music stand, in his lap or on a flute peg. Good luck in your search.

Colin the Bear

Locality
Burnley bb9 9dn
The Hercules clarinet peg is plush covered and spring loaded. It may well fit a nino. The problem is you need a Hercules stand attach it to.

EdJ

Locality
UK
Thanks for the replies.

I asked John Packer’s if the K&M in bell oboe stand might be a goer, they tried it and it was a no unfortunately.

Colin is right the sprung Hercules stand is good for Eb but not great for keeping in the small Eb case when you add in the heavy metal base (physical item not musical genre).

The rigid older Hercules clarinet peg which I think still comes with triple stands isn’t much cop for Eb. Hercules advise using the tiny, weirdly shaped Eb clarinet / piccolo stand on the triple but I can’t say I’m overwhelmed by it’s stability.

K&M flute stand is no good, it is perched dodgily.

I’ll try the Travlite one. Thanks for that idea, I haven’t tried it.

My level of obsession with compact but secure stands knows no bounds.

lydian

Locality
USA
I have one of these for my flute. If an eefer is the same diameter as flute, it might work. And you could store it inside one of the longer sections instead of the bell.
1004-DS460B_119809.jpg

EDIT: Nevermind. Looks like a flute is 19mm in diameter and eefer is only 13.5mm.

Last edited:

Colin the Bear

Locality
Burnley bb9 9dn
Alternatively make something.
A friend of mine made a stand out of wood. A folding tripod to take the Hercules peg shouldn't be too difficult.

Top Bottom