All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

Accessories e-sax, good and bad

Tommy Ng

I recently bought an e-sax for my alto. I am totally satisfy with the sound proof quality although it is not very comfortable to play.

Something surprised me, the sax becomes more responsive inside the e-sax probably due to additional air resistance??

The downside is that i might get used to this and find it more difficult to play without an e-sax.

milandro

well, I have one too and I haven't been using it all that much until now, I guess that that has partly to do with the fact that I don't really NEED to (my neighbours still tolerate my playing) use it. The position of my left hand is very uncomfortable and I need to use palm raisers which I fortunately quit using otherwise . I can't imagine that the response of the horn improved for you because, it didn't for me at all.

Mikec

Perhaps the confines of the e-sax force you to put your hands in a more efficient position?

Tommy Ng

I meant i can make a sound with less effort, easier to blow, it has nothing to do with ergonomics.

I have the same experience when i put my teddy bear down the bell. The additional resistance does make the sax more responsive.

Saxholder Pro

Staff online

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom