All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

Clarinets E flat clarinet.

ilovebech

I am a glutton for punishment,and I have bought an eflat clarinet,and while it looks very well made,it has the usual Chinese trouble,the mouthpiece has a gap that would suit a baritone sax,it is virtually unplayable.I will report when I get my Yamaha m/p.Looks like I will be able to use sop-sax reeds.

adrianallan

I am a glutton for punishment,and I have bought an eflat clarinet,and while it looks very well made,it has the usual Chinese trouble,the mouthpiece has a gap that would suit a baritone sax,it is virtually unplayable.I will report when I get my Yamaha m/p.Looks like I will be able to use sop-sax reeds.
What would you use this for - just for experimentation? On wikipedia it says that the solo repertiore is small, but it has been used in some bands and orchestras to access the higher clarinet ranges with more ease.

ilovebech

Got a Yamaha m/p,the little thing plays great,not thin, or harsh,I have noticed this with Chinese saxes,the horns are transformed with even a cheap proper m/p.Makes you wonder if they understand how a m/p is supposed to work.I often wonder how little Sonny gets on when he is bought a new instrument by doting parents,and the blasted thing will not make a sound.They either blame little Sonny for being an idiot,or the horn for being faulty.NO-it's the blasted m/p!,throw it in the bin, and get a Yamaha 4c.

Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom