Dumphkoffen needs help

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Subscriber
Hi every body,

I want to put a silly pic on my header can't make it work

seems to be something to do with the file size, as all the pics are of a much larger size on my pc I don't know how to make them fit

PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME

plain Dumphkoffen English appreciated

John:confused:

jonf

Find the pic you like. Assuming you use a PC, not one of those Mac things, open it using MS Office Picture Manager. Click on Edit Picture. See option in blue for Resize. Use that to resize until you get down to the appropriate size. Don't forget to save your new little picture. Then you should be able to add ti to your profile, just like my own silly one.

Jon

OP
gladsaxisme

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Subscriber
Thanks Jon and Kev

That seems to sound very easy as things usually are when you know what to do I'll give it a try soon, here's hoping.

Thanks again John:)

Luluna

Señora
Subscriber
John,

You could also upload it to photobucket (accounts are free if you don't upload a ton of photos) - they have an edit function that automatically resizes your photo down to an avatar size - then copy the direct link and paste it in.

Looking forward to seeing your silly picture.

OP
gladsaxisme

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Subscriber
John,

You could also upload it to photobucket (accounts are free if you don't upload a ton of photos) - they have an edit function that automatically resizes your photo down to an avatar size - then copy the direct link and paste it in.

Looking forward to seeing your silly picture.
DOOOH!!!!!What's a photo bucket and isn't AVATAR a new 3Dfilm

I should have said your dealing with a pc moron, why does my computer hate me?

I have tried the other advice and got a saved photo of 266x200 and 11.6 whatever but it still wont take.I get it on to my edit profile page but when I try to install it it comes up failed,

I'll try the bucket... thanks Lulu:(

Targa

Among the pigeons
Subscriber
I avoided all the clever computer stuff by putting a photo on the floor, setting my camera to its worst quality and photgraphing it at a distance, then cropping it and ended up with a low enough pixel count to send.

AdamBradley

Targa said:
I avoided all the clever computer stuff by putting a photo on the floor, setting my camera to its worst quality and photgraphing it at a distance, then cropping it and ended up with a low enough pixel count to send.

Awesome. *High five*

OP
gladsaxisme

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Subscriber
Hi Targa

Thanks for the advice it was great until I got to cropping it your dealing with techno moron here,and the only place I have the pic I want to use is on the pc.:(

Jules

Formerly known as "nachoman"
Reminds me of a very wierd thing I read about the band Portishead-
apparently they used to record theirindividual tracks, get them pressed as vinyl records, bash them about for a bit then record them back onto ProTools or whatever- just to get that extra vintage analogue grunginess. Got to respect their ingenuity!

Top Bottom