Subscriptions and donations are given to special needs music education charities
SYOS

Dumkoff rides again

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Subscriber
First thanks to every one who tried to help with my photo problem

But unfortunately all I managed to do was destroy the original pic on my pc,or so I thought then I have just looked at my profile and lo and behold it's there. So now how do I get it to show on the front when ever I post your help is much appreciated ...John:welldone

Chris98

Hi John,

Is it this photo you want as your avatar?

If so go to your user profile, right click on the image.

Select "Copy Image Location"

Go to 'Settings' - Top left just above the pic of Pete coming out of his baritone.

On the left hand side is a list of options choose the one that says "Edit Avatar"

Choose "Custom Avatar"

And "Option 1 - Enter the URL to the Image on Another Website:"

Past the link you just saved.

With luck that will get it done.

Best wishes,

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
gladsaxisme

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Subscriber
Thanks chris for the very easily understood instructions I tried to carry them out to the letter but when I saved changes I got invalid file that's me and computers I guess

OP
gladsaxisme

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Subscriber
Come, come Gladys. As Ian said, don't be so hard on yourself, that's our job and stop nicking my self-denigratory style of humour or was it humous?
You don't understand old git if I can't post a pic how am I ever going post lots of recordings of my sax playing become recognised as a world famous sax soloist become a multy billionaire and live on a yacht in St Tropez EH ANSWER ME THAT

Chris98

Okay, let's try this:

Right click on the image above and click on 'Save Image as...' This will save it onto your computer, I suggest selecting the desktop as the place you want to save it to as you'll need to be able to easily find it in a minute.

Go to 'Settings' - Top left just above the pic of Pete coming out of his baritone.

On the left hand side is a list of options choose the one that says "Edit Avatar"

Choose "Custom Avatar"

And choose: "Option 2 - Upload Image From Your Computer:"

Click on the "browse" button and navigate the the pic you just saved to your desktop, and click OK.

That, with luck should do it.

Best wishes,

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
gladsaxisme

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Subscriber
YES!!!!!YES!!!!! YES!!!!!!!

SUCCESS IS SURE WHEN YOUR DRIVERS SHOWN A COPY OF THE HIGHWAY CODE do you remember that one

OP
gladsaxisme

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Subscriber
You'll make it, probably blow the rest of us off the stage.
Now you've mastered getting your picture in your avatar, can you help me get my ST-8 in mine?
Thanks for the support and as for the ST-8 I think all technical enquiries are probably best handled by Chris 98 and may I thank him again fo his help

john

Saxholder Pro

Members OnlineStatistics

Help!

Latest posts

Top Bottom