All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

M/Pieces - Ligs Dukoff Transitional tenor mouthpieces- I have one- History?

Brent

Can anyone tell me about the Bobby Dukoff transitional mouthpieces made in the 1960's? I have one and the only marking on it is the number 230. What year was it made and how much may it be worth? Why did he make these pieces?

ManEast

Can anyone tell me about the Bobby Dukoff transitional mouthpieces made in the 1960's? I have one and the only marking on it is the number 230. What year was it made and how much may it be worth? Why did he make these pieces?

Hi Brent.

The info on this page is about as much as anyone would know about your mouthpiece. -
http://theowanne.com/knowledge/mouthpiece-museum/mouthpiece-museum-dukoff

What it is worth in cash, is a hard one... as one would have to see how it looks and what plays like.

Kind Regards

Brent

Hi Brent.

What it is worth in cash, is a hard one... as one would have to see how it looks and what plays like.

Kind Regards

Thanks for the link! I wonder how many of these he made. If you give me your email I can send you pics if you want to have a look. Also, I wonder if this one is modeled after the Super Power Chamber or the Brilhart. I couldn't tell just by playing. I e-mailed him a while back and never got a response. Same with Theo Wanne.

kjgw

Please can you tell me if you were able to find out any further information about your mouthpiece? Thanks.

Phil

Commercial Supporter
The market always changes but if you have a good one I'd say its worth a couple hundred US dollars.

I had one once...there was a guy in Florida selling them on eBay. He had a bunch of them...some without bite plates.

Good but not especially interesting pieces from a sonic perspective...of course that is a personal opinion

....why did he make them....he was a mouthpiece maker :)

Honestly I don't know but I get the impression they were more of a trial batch at did t really fly.

Top Bottom