• Eligibility to post classifieds

The Yardsale is not intended for use by people joining the forum purely to sell an item, so members must have at least 40 posts to be eligible. However new members may post if they either:

• upgraded their account with an annual (not monthly) subscription. This is for access to sell without needing the 40 posts and the contribution after a successful sale still applies.
    • or pay the 5% contribution on the initial listing price up front (non refundable) then a listing will be allowed.

In either case please contact us if you are not yet able to posts

support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Drake "Stubbie" #8 tenor saxophone mouthpiece!!!!

tzadik

Here for a sale a Drake "Stubbie" #8 (=0,110") tenor mouthpiece.
Date "05 12".
Serial "006".

http://www.drakemouthpieces.com/Drake_Metal_Mouthpieces.html#Drake_Stubbie_Mouthpiece
Any one have drake stubbie?

SDC16665x.jpg

SDC16671x.jpg

SDC16674x.jpg

This model is the lastest Aaron Drake creation.

Aaron Drake said:
This classic vintage design is modeled after the highly desirable “Stubbies” from the 1950’s. This mouthpiece features very deep undercutting on the side walls and a large chamber. Couple this with a medium high rollover baffle and a classic tapered window design, and you have the recipe for a killer piece! Wonderfully free blowing and brilliantly responsive from the bottom to the top of the horn.

I can it's similar to the earlier Dukoff Hollywood... it's definitely a dark sounding mouthpiece, with very spread and complex sound.
The resistance is medium-to-low...
The most exciting features of this mouthpiece is the "resonance". On the first minutes I tried this mouthpiece, it totally blown my mind.
It has so much resonance that it seems to hear two or three horns plays together (fortunately two or three horns that plays together, the same thing. in unison).

The mouthpiece is mint conditions... no scratches, no ding, no teeth marks nor ligature marks.

Photos: Virgilio Foto album

Price: EUR 480 (four hundred and eighty euros) including shipping with international registred mail (with tracking service). The mouthpiece comes in its box, with Rovner Light and cap.
I can offer trial period for people in Europe... if you can cover the shipping cost.
Currency conversion: XE Currency Converter - Live Rates

I'll be happy to donate 5% to the forum charity fund (if I sell them through this forum).

------
I think t's a good deal for people in Europe.
In Europe, this pieces is priced about €100 more than the price I'm selling this piece. This piece takes 3 to 5 weeks (plus shipping) to get delivered. (I can offer a trial period too)

Last edited:

Support Cafesaxophone

Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Back
Top Bottom