support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Saxophones Dr Paul Cohen

thomsax

Take a look at this clip. Dr Paul Cohen shows some of his saxes. He has huge collection and he knows a lot about sxxophones. And he is an excellent player as well, I contacted Paul Cohen for the first time In the early 80's. He always answered my letters and picked up the telephone when I wanted to talk about saxes. I was working as a chef in a night club, so it was often in the middle of the night, around 3:00 am (- 6 hours east cost time) . He did same writng about saxes and saxophone playng in NASA magazine (North American Saxophone Alliance) and I became a member and subscriber, even if classic saxophone not my thing. Later he began to write in Saxophone Journal and had his own column; Vintage Saxophones Revisted. He wrote for the magazine for more than15 years. I bought some saxes from Paul Cohen and I still have them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-b6I1ihh2s&app=desktop

Last edited:
Take a look at this clip. Dr Paul Cohen shows some of his saxes. He has huge collection and he knows a lot about sxxophones. And he is an excellent player as well, I contacted Paul Cohen for the first time In the early 80's. He always answered my letters and picked up the telephone when I wanted to talk about saxes. I was working as a chef in a night club, so it was often in the middle of the night, around 3:00 am (- 6 hours east cost time) . He did same writng about saxes and saxophone playng in NASA magazine (North American Saxophone Alliance) and I became a member and subscriber, even if classic saxophone not my thing. Later he began to write in Saxophone Journal and had his own column; Vintage Saxophones Revisted. He wrote for the magazine for more than15 years. I bought some saxes from Paul Cohen and I still have them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-b6I1ihh2s&app=desktop

Thats a great video,what a wonderful array of saxes,loved his playing on that little King curved nino.
Thanks for posting.

Paul Cohen is a very fine man. I've recently made him an ALMA translucent white large chamber soprano mouthpiece. Paul came to the shop after having played it for a week and we fine-tuned it to his requirements. The sound he got on his vintage Buescher soprano was gorgeous.

We have plans to connect again soon to rebalance his sopranino piece(s). too.