PPT mouthpieces

Done it. Pat on the back and thanks everyone.

Pete Thomas

Cafe Moderator
Commercial Supporter
Locality
Sunny Southampton
I had been threatening to move the Breakfastroom to a new format for ages. The old forum software didn't allow the security or moderation that this does so it had to be done. I tried for ages to find a way to migrate all the threads, users and posts, but sadly that wasn't possible so the big decision was whether to start again from scratch with better software.

Thanks to you all this has worked I think. Already we have a healthy daily postcount and even better, looking at the statistics:

158 members, but (this is the important bit) 147 active members. Very few forums can boast that ratio of active to inactive.

All the old posts on the old forum are available to browse (see top right link), but soon I think that will be superceded by the info on here anyway.

I also had a bit of a sweat with moving hosts just after we started when I discovered that there was a problem. This entailed moving the newly created database and transferring domain names to a much better and more reliable server at Zen Internet and I would like to thank everyone there for amazing technical support during this hairy switch. Not that they are reading this but maybe I can show my appreciation for recommending them. Not the cheapest ISP, but in this case money well spent.
:welldone

And thank you all for sticking with the Breakfastroom.
:sax::sax::sax::sax:

Thank you for all your hard work it really is appreciated :welldone

Learning an instrument can be a pretty lonely journey but this site makes the journey so much easier and more productive.

Being able to ask silly questions and get sensible answers pretty much any time of the day or night is fantastic.

I do hope the breakfast room gathering comes off and you are able to attend. You will not have to buy yourself a drink all weekend

Keep up the good work and if there is anything I can do to help just ask

mamos

158 members, but (this is the important bit) 147 active members.

Those are impressive stats Pete, you must doing something right :w00t:

Congratulations on the switch over, it seems to have gone seamlessly.

And thank you all for sticking with the Breakfastroom.

where else would we go :)))

Pete
You've put a huge amount of work into this. It's helped me with a new direction in life. I could say a lot more, but just "thanks".
Colin

Yeah, I'll second all above, thanks Pete. Dunno which i appreciate most, the very helpful advice i have received, or reading the hilarious comments from some of our more enlightened contributors:w00t:

Well done Pete. The Br is now part of my daily routine. I would miss it very much.

Complete moron (who said stop there?) on this IT stuff, had to reach 71 before understanding how binary works, but thank you Pete for all your hard work.

This site is needed as it is not all Selmer Mk Vl or vintage only, even we Hanson owners are tolerated. We have two really good woodwind technicians and a guy who played with, in the nicest sense, the Fat Man from New Orleans.

Although at my age I'm far nearer to heaven than you are, even if I'm not going to make it, it is going to have be b@%€dy good to match this place.

I'd echo the sentiment, brilliant job done Pete.

There are a couple of bods who've not made it over to the new forum though which is a shame.

The active member count is amazing and I think that it's quality of the help/content and that is responsible.

Is it possible to contact them with an invite?

mamos

Yes, if anyone wants certain bods, PM me who you would like to be invited.

I'm not going to do a blanket invite though,

Mamos;2046 Being able to ask silly questions and get sensible answers pretty much any time of the day or night is fantastic. mamos[/QUOTE said:
I assume the reverse is likely, moreso!:w00t:;}:welldone
Kind regards
Tom:cool:

I'd just like to add my thanks to all the others, Pete. This i s great resource and much fun.

As the others have said, thanks Pete for all your hard work to make it happen.

Phil

As a brand newbie I have found sites like this invaluable, and this one in particular as it's good and local too.

I still haven't knowingly met any other sax players yet, so would truly be on my own without!

As a relative newbie and one of the newly active members (a lurker in the old forum) thank you for this site and this forum. Looking forward to learning lots more - although with my name I must (like Sloth) ... of course ............ take it very ................................... easy ...................................... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Echoing the sentiments already expressed, "thanks Pete for your hard work on this forum" an invaluable source of information and just as important - great fun...

Whoops............:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
a big thank you

thank you pete for all your time and effort and all the hard work you have put in doing this new websight
cheers
bernie

Back
Top Bottom