All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

Done it again

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Subscriber
Hi Everybody

Being the pc idiot that I am I have managed to lose my bookmarks tab or whatever you want to call it,It actually just says BOOKMARKS at the top of the page,I was trying to delete some of the things I have bookmarked and couldn't see how to do it so I clicked on something at the top of the drop down hoping to find info and the whole thing just vanished phooof and I haven't a clue how to get it back,any body got any ideas,I'm on firefox by the way and that's another thing recently it upgraded and is now completely different from how it used t be and the usual FILE EDIT ETC BOXES at the top are not there any more so accessing things like the print menu and others can only be done by key board options,any help much appreciated .....john

BigMartin

Hi John

The following should get your menu bar back (the FILE EDIT ... boxes). Press and release the alt key. That should bring up the menu bar temporarily. Then, in the menu bar go to view/toolbars and make sure the menu bar option is ticked. Don't know about the bookmarks thing but they're probably just hidden too, rather than deleted.

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Subscriber
Hi John

The following should get your menu bar back (the FILE EDIT ... boxes). Press and release the alt key. That should bring up the menu bar temporarily. Then, in the menu bar go to view/toolbars and make sure the menu bar option is ticked. Don't know about the bookmarks thing but they're probably just hidden too, rather than deleted.
Hi Martin

Thanks for that I've now got the tool bar back I didn't know about the Alt key thing,funny thing is neither did my wife and she sits in front of a pc screen every day of her life, and told me how to use various keys to do various things like ctrl p to print.Now all I need to do is sort the BOOKMARK thing, I'm sure like you say I've managed to hide it but goodness knows how you get it back,and the problem is that's how I access all the things I do on the pc so I'm a bit stumped without it:welldone

BigMartin

Hi Martin

Thanks for that I've now got the tool bar back I didn't know about the Alt key thing,
As far as I know it's a Firefox thing. Found it through the help page. (of course, to do that you have to know that the thing you're looking for is called a "menu bar"...)

funny thing is neither did my wife and she sits in front of a pc screen every day of her life, and told me how to use various keys to do various things like ctrl p to print.Now all I need to do is sort the BOOKMARK thing, I'm sure like you say I've managed to hide it but goodness knows how you get it back,and the problem is that's how I access all the things I do on the pc so I'm a bit stumped without it:welldone
Well, what happens when you hit the bookmarks item on the menu bar? If your bookmarks are still there you can go to the view menu again and enable the bookmarks toolbar

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Subscriber
As far as I know it's a Firefox thing. Found it through the help page. (of course, to do that you have to know that the thing you're looking for is called a "menu bar"...)

Well, what happens when you hit the bookmarks item on the menu bar? If your bookmarks are still there you can go to the view menu again and enable the bookmarks toolbar
Yes I'm a right dumbo aren't I the BOOKMARK tab is back on the menu bar again so I'm sorted,before it was over the other side on it's own,thank for that....john:welldone:welldone:welldone

ps any idea's about the deleting things I can't find how to do it.what I pressed on last time was where it says BOOKMARK TOOL BAR and it disappeared so I don't want to do that again

Last edited by a moderator:

BigMartin

ps any idea's about the deleting things I can't find how to do it.what I pressed on last time was where it says BOOKMARK TOOL BAR and it disappeared so I don't want to do that again
If you right click on the bookmark in question you should get a little menu with a delete option. It's worth experimenting with right-clicking on everything in Windows. Some useful context-specific stuff there.

MandyH

Sax-Mad fiend!
Subscriber
the BOOKMARK tab is back on the menu bar again so I'm sorted,before it was over the other side on it's own,
it was? we've had firefox for years, just upgrade to version 4.0.1 and our bookmarks tab has never been on the otherside on its own. How wierd is that.
Still glad you're sorted now.
My kids used to do things to the PC and I'd spend hours trying to find the right short cut to bring it back

BigMartin

it was? we've had firefox for years, just upgrade to version 4.0.1 and our bookmarks tab has never been on the otherside on its own. How wierd is that.
My kids used to do things to the PC and I'd spend hours trying to find the right short cut to bring it back
Depends what version of Windows you're running I think. I'm still on XP so I hadn't seen it either.

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Subscriber
Yes Mandy

since it upgraded the menu bar at the top disappeared altogether and the bookmark tab moved over to the other side underneath the green sprocket thingy and above the orange + and spanner whatever they are,and there seems to be every search engine under the sun including one called imesh which I'm not sure where it came from,but think I picked it up when downloading something else,I have since tried to delete it and it has gone from the tabletop but is still there as a search engine,goodness knows what thats all about

john

Saxholder Pro

Members online

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom