support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Does this fit in your ear?

Boy, this has developed into a nice post, just like in music, language has all the reference and subtlety which is open to cultural interpretation or miss-interpretation, this is avoided in speaking face to face by body language and manner, or even in a phone conversation the energy in the voice can also be read. Not so with the printed word.
Cafe Sax is a very friendly forum made richer by the language of it's posters.
Long may this continue.

Here is a bunch of comma's should you want to alter the meaning of this post

,,,,,,,,, (nice one Taz)

Cheers & ciao
Jimu

"Together We Create Beauty"

Here is a bunch of comma's should you want to alter the meaning of this post

Here is a bunch. (Of commas?) Should you want to alter the meaning of this? Post!

(other punctuations marks are also available).

Yes, I have too much time on my hands tonight.

Here is a bunch. (Of commas?) Should you want to alter the meaning of this? Post!

(other punctuations marks are also available).

Yes, I have too much time on my hands tonight.

ahem...... Yeah sorry saxplorer, english is not my mother tounge (and there's nothing worse)...I'm scottish by birth.
Spellings not strong either

I read Frasers post with the use of the term "Boy" as a Lancastrian/Yorkhire way of referring to an acquaintance, or someone your know but are not too close to. "Boy" in the States, is a somewhat derogatory way of talking down to someone, such as the way negros were talked to in the early part of the century. Funnily enough, Wade then returned the comment "Boy you have got a good memory!" ;}

I guess that what I'm getting at is that if we ask for critique, or opinions, then we must be prepared to read and then maybe re-read the replies that we get, and we must also remember that we asked for critique in the first place. Not everyone likes the same things so be prepared to hear honest answers that you may not like.
If we all liked the same things the world would be a very boring place indeed!

Never a problem with anyone not resonating with one's particular (peculiar?) musical bent. Comments welcome, just wasn't sure about the "boy" reference (asked for clarification as I don't pretend to understand everyone cultural context) or if Fraser understood the difference between trying to play melodies (unsuccessfully?) in a free jazz context compared to playing standards when/where you have a lifetime of reference and practice to come up with ideas/melodies. As it was I didn't realize that he was throwing back a comment I had made about his playing, which was somewhat appropriate.

Jimu is certainly right about face to face being able to give all the other clues one needs to comprehend meaning. The example of the use of "boy" as in "boy, haven't you got a good memory". Doesn't fit as in that case (although it's the same word) anyone who speaks English as a first language would recognize that it's not a pronoun associated with any person, it's an expletive like "wow". Referring to a person (using it as a pronoun) is entirely different and, as seen, open to interpretation.

You can add to opinionated old fart that I'm also pedantic. But hey, it's an open forum and an opportunity to learn and understand.

Must say that when I saw Fraser's post, I thought this was going to develop into a mess.

I'm really pleased with the way you've handled a potentially explosive situation. Thanks guys!

Must say that when I saw Fraser's post, I thought this was going to develop into a mess.

I'm really pleased with the way you've handled a potentially explosive situation. Thanks guys!

Have faith;}

I must say I took the decision some time ago that with emails and forums I would always assume people had the kindest intentions and if uncertain just ask, as Wade did. :)

Jx

You can add to opinionated old fart that I'm also pedantic. But hey, it's an open forum and an opportunity to learn and understand.
You also appear to appreciate a little tongue in cheek humor too which is very useful when I'm about, I try not to take life too seriously as it's just too damn short! So whether it be weather, wether, Boy, boy, bouy or there, their, son or sun, I wish you all well! ;}

You also appear to appreciate a little tongue in cheek humor too which is very useful when I'm about, I try not to take life too seriously as it's just too damn short! So whether it be weather, wether, Boy, boy, bouy or there, their, son or sun, I wish you all well! ;}

wether????

whether would be better, especially as he's a New Zealander, and wether is a castrated ram.... >:)

>:) :w00t: :))) Hmmm, what was that I said about tongue in cheek?

Back to the music...after the amusing linguistic diversion....I agree with its sounding like a slightly sinister film sound-track theme...rather like John Barry's for 80s spy films!
Thanks for posting it.

Back, for a moment to use of language ..... I believe we are fortunate here in having few, if any, trolls, so it is usually safe to assume that something that may appear slightly offensive was probably not meant that way!
And, as someone said, if in doubt, ask (nicely!).

Back, for a moment to use of language ..... I believe we are fortunate here in having few, if any, trolls, so it is usually safe to assume that something that may appear slightly offensive was probably not meant that way!
And, as someone said, if in doubt, ask (nicely!).

Our policy is that trolls are either despatched immediately, or sometimes left for target practice for members' pleasure. >:)

Music is great, this gives a feeling like I am in a black comedy movie and tons of absurd stuff happens. Which was quite amusing till the end of song.

Don't know how I missed this Wade. Really enjoyed it. Has the feel of Bill Frisell's Blues Dream Band. Real Film Noir stuff.
More please.