• I would if it had more/better features

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I would if I knew when other people were going to be there

Votes: 15 60.0%
  • I would if it could be used for tuition and I'd pay a bit

• I would if it could be used for tuition but only if it's free

• No, I hate chatrooms. I'd never use it.

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pete Thomas

Cafe Moderator
Commercial Supporter
Locality
Sunny Southampton
Just doing a bit of market research here about the chatroom

chat room ?

please excuse my ignorance pete but i thought the breakfast room was a chat room ? all this computer business is pretty new to me ! so what is a chat room ?
bernie "sorry"

please excuse my ignorance pete but i thought the breakfast room was a chat room ? all this computer business is pretty new to me ! so what is a chat room ?
bernie "sorry"

See the link above, next to the login/out.

I added this as it has been requested, but if people don't want it then I'll take it out. I just want to know if it's being used or not.

It's where you chat to someone via typing. Different to this, because it all happens straight away, not half an hour later when somebody decides to answer.

I've logged on twice, albeit once was at a silly time for most of europe but no one was logged on so my vote has to go for 'I would if I knew people were on it'. Though if people were generally on it (not at specific times) I'd still use it without this pre-ordained slot.

EDIT: you can make that thrice now.

Re Chat room poll!

Hello Pete,

I can only click one of the options, would be nice to click several.

Feedback
I have used this several times and been on waiting for other to show up maybe treble the times I've actually chatted.

With regard to teaching best option would be (for me skype) as I think audio would be best (no tying skills needed) and this could also be recorded later.
Willie Myette on Itunes is doing something you may be interested in (if you haven't seen him already) with Piano/Keyboards.
Certainly worth looking at IMHO

http://www.jazzpianolessons.com/category/radio-show/

I personally enjoy the chatting feature, connecting with like minded others, and also hope to start getting into playing help, discussions on theory, practising, and keeping each other on the upward path, and the various studies one needs, to be better in all areas of Sax playing.
I think the buddy system would work in the Chatting medium, ie it's not there all the time (on line) You can get direct feedback in real time which will give faster exchange of information)
You can connect with some one who matches your interest and level.

These are a few of my thoughts at the moment!

Time for me is always an issue....so it's about refining and choosing how I use the internet, forums and chatrooms to share, to learn, and enjoy life.

Cheers & Ciao
Jimu:mrcool

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been there three or four times but couldn't get it to work. Only one of those times were a couple of other people on, other times no one. Has anybody with Firefox been able to make it work? I've found some things don't work with Firefox that other browsers handle ok. Nice feature though that will likely build up in time ...

I've been there three or four times but couldn't get it to work. Only one of those times were a couple of other people on, other times no one. Has anybody with Firefox been able to make it work? I've found some things don't work with Firefox that other browsers handle ok. Nice feature though that will likely build up in time ...

I'm using firefox and have no problems, but only chatted to Pete and Visionari1, I haven't seen anyone else there yet.

First time this evening that I've seen anyone on there and chatted to Chris. Just missed Visionari.

Any chance of reading and writing lessons first?

Have only tried once. Am not convinced of the need - saxchatlive exists. But every time I go there, and the one time I've been here, there's no-one around. To make it worse, the software won't load at work, so I can't nip in during a break.

Any chance of reading and writing lessons first?

Going by what's above ..you already qualify, & as Pete says, your running it....Mate!

You and that Chinese guy. Ty Ping

Cheers & Ciao
Jimu:mrcool

Have only tried once. Am not convinced of the need - saxchatlive exists. But every time I go there, and the one time I've been here, there's no-one around. To make it worse, the software won't load at work, so I can't nip in during a break.

G'day Kev.

I've used the Saxchat live, mainly talking to oldcorollas, in Sapporo Japan,(he is also a member of Cafe Sax) we've has some super chats (I have visited Japan several times before, so have plenty to talk about) there is only a 3 hour difference between us in NZ, so this makes for easier times!
The main advantage as I see it, is we already have friendships built up through the old breakfast room and, this is a great group of people.

Might be worth another try!

Cheers;}

Jimu

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok. it has a number 1 by the chat room menu so I make the assumption that means someone is logged in. I've been on and no one is on it? -- Please explain.

Hello linky lee. I see you there and can post... but obviously you can not see me!

The SaxChatlive has a good feature, a sound that goes when a post is made...... this is really helpfull instead of staring at the screen for ages....I missed Mamos because I was bashing away on scales and didn't see him come into the chat......It appears that this chat is not so easy to chat on! Great when your actaully chatting, but hard to get someone...even when they are showing as on line!

Hmmmm...this needs to be easy as, otherwise we all loose interest!
Cheers
Jimu

yeah. Sorry about that. I'm thoroughly confused by it.

I can see myself online but no one else... well I didn't see you until your post randomly popped up.
Have got the chat room floating now. not the private room thing we had?..

EDIT: I can see clearly now...

Jimu, have also chatted with Old Corollas. Would be good to get to know people here better. Will try some more.

I think we obviously need some kind of schedule here. Either we say there are specific times of day, e.g. 12, 3, 6, 9 oclock (except people have different timezones of course), or else we have a diary where people can say when they would be around to chat.

As for more options on the actual interface, I'm not going to pay the $125 until I know it's going to be useful. It's all a bit experimental at the moment.

I'm in the same boat. I drop in and out at various time and now always check the chat room. Trouble is, unless I am mistaken, you are either in the chatroom or not. So at the moment I am on the site but not in the chatroom. If I log into 'chat' then that is all I an do. If I pop out for 2 minutes to answer a post I am then out of the chatroom.

Does that make any sense?

Ah, I can see that I can 'float' the chatroom. Cool. I'm ready to chat. Anyone out there?

Back
Top Bottom