support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Ding Dong

Gator

Locality
E London
Evening all, have been an occasional visitor over the last 18 months or so, but thought it time to say hello. So.... "Hello"... from east London, just down the road from the Olympic site.

Started playing almost two years ago, and recently signed up with a teacher at the local music academy - a big help in terms of focus, direction and constructive criticism etc

Playing a Yamaha YAS 275 Alto at the moment but thinking of taking on the Tenor challenge - just need to come up with a plausible excuse for raiding the kids' inheritance, and a fitting response to the inevitable "why on earth do you need ANOTHER saxophone?" (with the implicit "you're not even any good on the one that you've got")

Just started to experiment with change of embouchure, it feels like 2 steps forward, and 2 steps back at the moment.

Anyway, onwards and sidewards!

Nick

Big welcome from me. Have fun. Don't worry about the inheritance, they can sell it on once you're gone. Have fun here!

Welcome from me, too. Do let us know if you think of that plausible excuse. I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd appreciate some ideas... :)

Welcome to the cafe Nick, 2 steps fwd 2 back is good I usally manage 1 forward and 2 back:)

Have fun

Jx

Welcome to the caff©, Ding Dong merrily on High.

With a user name like that, you should be good at altissimo.

ENJOY!​™

Hi welcome

I'm sure you'll get inventive as you decide on the need for a bari, a sop, a nino, a bass..... and associated mouthpieces, reeds, slings, stands.....

Welcome to the cafe Nick :D

Sod the kids inheritance, get a tenor then a sop then a bari, if youv'e got it spend it !!

Oh and then a xaphoon for ease of practice :thumb:

Hi and welcome Ding Dong great place to be. Regds Merrily on high.N.

Instead of going backwards the trick is to scuttle like a crab sideways. Welcome!

Back
Top Bottom