support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Deutsche Post

Keep Blowing

Can any of our members in Germany help please

I recently sent a small parcel to Germany that had been returned to me, from what I can understand they couldn't find the address,. I have double checked the address and the only thing wrong is I haven't put an umlaut on the U in Munster,

Surely this wouldn't be the problem?

Danke

Did you have the correct postcode ? PLZ - Postleitzahl
Munster is: 29633
Sounds a bit odd to me. How did you write the address?

Willie Hornblaser
Doldinger Strasse 13
22767 HAMBURG
GERMANY

Last edited:
Thanks, they have confirmed the address but I will email them again. Does anyone know how to do an umlaut on a keyboard if I do it by hand the robot might get confused again, never been a problem before though

This will make you laugh, i use a dummy printer attached to a big old computer from the early 90's for label printing, I will have to use more modern methods for this one. It is actually very effective for my day job

This will make you laugh, i use a dummy printer attached to a big old computer from the early 90's for label printing, I will have to use more modern methods for this one. It is actually very effective for my day job
Bit that makes me laugh is 'big old computer from the early 90's', I started on really big really old computers in the 60s.

When I started in IT in the mid-80s, state-of-the-art IBM mainframe hard disk drives were: the size of a washing machine, cost $20k each, 750mb capacity. They came in pairs, so 1.5Gb a pair. I think 4 pairs made a 'string' of 6Gb (I might be wrong about that - too long ago), so around $160k for 6Gb. My phone has 128Gb and the memory card in my camera 64Gb....

Bit that makes me laugh is 'big old computer from the early 90's', I started on really big really old computers in the 60s.
How big? The ICL I worked on, including cooling unit, tape drive, magnetic drum memory and disk drive weighed in at neary 4tons. The main chassis was made 4inch box section steel.

How big? The ICL I worked on, including cooling unit, tape drive, magnetic drum memory and disk drive weighed in at neary 4tons. The main chassis was made 4inch box section steel.
Don't know the weight, I was referring to the way they filled a room, memory couldn't be called big, from 4K to 512K.
However the first two were ICL 1901A and ICl system4. Not counting briefly KDF9.
No disc drives, it was card readers, paper tape and tape drives.