All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

Dep Needed For 23rd of September

Taz

Busking Oracle
Hi all, my band has a gig on the 23 September 2011 at the Swan Theatre in Worcester. I can't make it and nor can the dep that the drummer had in mind.
The songs you would need to know are

Us and them,
Money
Shine on you crazy diamond.

The band are going to miss out The Gunners Dream and The Dogs of war as they are slightly more complex solos (they can't be that hard if I can do them!)
They are not after exact reproductions of the solos, but they must be very recognisable!
They are paying £80 for the event.
Can anyone help out?
By the way, they are a tremendous bunch of musicians and a lot of fun to play with.

Taz

Busking Oracle
Hi Roger, I'll pass your details to the lads, it's up to them to make any decisions. Are you happy playing "Us and them" "Money" and "Shine on you crazy diamond" They are the most important tunes that feature the sax.
I notice that your an alto and soprano player? The above are usually played on tenor.
If you think your ok with the above tunes then thanks for the offer. Someone will be in contact very soon! (If you've seen the video of Run like hell, don't worry, there'll be no fireworks at this gig.)

saxstorm

Still battling on!
Hi Roger, I'll pass your details to the lads, it's up to them to make any decisions. Are you happy playing "Us and them" "Money" and "Shine on you crazy diamond" They are the most important tunes that feature the sax.
I notice that your an alto and soprano player? The above are usually played on tenor.
If you think your ok with the above tunes then thanks for the offer. Someone will be in contact very soon! (If you've seen the video of Run like hell, don't worry, there'll be no fireworks at this gig.)
I am playing mostly tenor at the moment Taz. I don't actually know any Pink Floyd, I thought it would make a new departure for me - I will listen to the tracks, write down the solos and play them. Over the next few days I will record the solo in 'Money' and send it to you - you can decide whether you want to take a chance on a Pink Floyd beginner!

Taz

Busking Oracle
Hi Roger, fantastic job of Money, way better than mine. can you PM me with your contact details and I'll pass them on to Mick Freeman so that he can get in touch with you.

saxstorm

Still battling on!
Thanks Taz! I will have a look at the other pieces when I have time.

Regards, Roger

Last edited by a moderator:

saxstorm

Still battling on!
Hi Dave! Did the backing track myself, I have Logic and a Mac and play with backings at weddings etc.. My last job was to impersonate Candy Dulfer and play 'Lily was Here' at a funeral!

Roger

Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom