All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

dent in bottom bow.

Paul Warner

Hi all!
I have an old Yamaha YTS 62 that I`m very fond of. Someone long ago put a dent in the lower bow. Doesn`t affect tone or pitch since it isn`t that big . As it`s on the reinforcing strip I imagine it`s a `pro` job. Any idea who might take on such a job in the South Devon area? I`d like to return the old thing to its original shape ( come to think of it, maybe they could also fix me whilst they`re at it!).
Thanks.....Paul

old git

Tremendous Bore
Griff is in Exmouth and will probably answer this. I know he has a good set of balls for the repair.

Paul Warner

Hi Griff. I`m over in Teignmouth and will send a pic. tomorrow. When you`ve seen it perhaps you can give me some idea re. cost.
Thanks everyone!

old git

Tremendous Bore
Griff,

Does it depend on whether the dent means unsoldering the reinforcing strip and correcting them both before reassembly, or is it possible to remove the dent in bow and strip at the same time

Apologies for being serious.

Last edited by a moderator:

griff136

Griff,

Does it depend on whether the dent means unsoldering the reinforcing strip and correcting them both before reassembly, or is it possible to remove the dent in bow and strip at the same time

Apologies for being serious.
From the pictures, the easiest and by far the most economical way to tackle this one would be to replace the bow guard. - it'll have to come off anyway to address any dents underneath it.

Mack

Paul - I see you are in Teignmouth - I'm over in Exeter and together with Pete Canter I am setting up The Bridge Jazz Club - see http://www.bridgejazzclub.com . Once you are all fixed up come over - April 6th is the Pete Canter Trio followed by an open jam session - bring instrument and charts. Griff does my repairs by the way - highly recommended.

Paul Warner

Just to say a big thanks to Griff, who is `the man`! We made contact and my old YTS 62 is now dent free and looking proud. Speedy service, reasonable price and excellent work. THANKS GRIFF!!!

griff136

Just to say a big thanks to Griff, who is `the man`! We made contact and my old YTS 62 is now dent free and looking proud. Speedy service, reasonable price and excellent work. THANKS GRIFF!!!
You're welcome Paul, Nice to meet you and thank you for your comments.

Saxholder Pro

Staff online

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom