support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

DECEMBER 2013 IOTM - Festive free 4 all...

thesaxman71

Account Closed
Well all you nice people for IOTM December i have decided to take a slight back seat and leave the melody choice up to you BUT on one condition that it has to be a festive theme for example you may wish to do a jazzy jingle bells or a smoochy silent night, i think you get the idea .
As always let us all just have some fun with it and if anyone needs any pointers on improvisation please ask me and i will help as much as i can.

**i am still active and keen on the whole IOTM idea but i am sure you understand as being a musician is my living sometimes i am not always here to devote full attention (and even as i type this i am on route to Oslo for work) so bear with me and lets keep this thread active and try to attract more people to participate, just nudge other members to have a go, all levels of players are very welcome and more advanced players can also pass on their tips to the newer players**

Excellent, a valid excuse to breakout my Christmas real book, then procrastinate for ages about actually posting something ;)

Thank you for the feedback last month and also to everyonewho took thetime to listenand post (sorry space bar not always working).

That's a great idea Ian. I appreciate these threads and do listen to all the recordings and try to take on board all the advise, although I haven't got around to recording anything for any of the tunes yet. Like you say life can be busy - unfortunately mine isn't as exciting as being a full time musician!!

I hope Oslo is wonderful :)

Excuse the crappy backtrack and back up vocals by the bird trapped in my tenor.
Had to deal with some real a/holes tody at work and needed to take out some frustration.
Silver Bells.
https://app.box.com/s/7mpjlsjmqn56gwan337f

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all,
I haven't posted anything here before but as a kind of celebration for upgrading my old biab 2011 to 2014 I thought what the h... Why not just do a short festive yuletide thingy yuletide thing. Get hammered and play. (It might have been the other way around.)

Anyway, a short thingy: http://www.rudjarl.com/music/iotm/20131207.mp3

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all, good takes so far. I'll listen closer to them next week to comment.

but is it a prerequisite to make it jazzy? I was just busy making a semi improvised "why couldnt it be christmas every day" by bianca ryan.. I dont have any sheet music, just the chords so the whole thing is played by ear and livened up with some improv parts..

but since there's no decent backing I'm trying to build one with my DAW (and EWI). is it okay if I post the result here?

regards..

hi all you lovely cafe peoples, as you know it is near festive season and that means for me as a working musician a hectic time and off on my travels, i am currently on an ipad soon to be traveling home from being away doing gigs so i will have a full catch up on all recordings and comments when i get back home in a a few hours, as always it is great to see the activity by all on this thread, really appreciate all the input and i look forward to listening to all later.
Ian
ho ho ho

Ni
Hi all,
I haven't posted anything here before but as a kind of celebration for upgrading my old biab 2011 to 2014 I thought what the h... Why not just do a short festive yuletide thingy yuletide thing. Get hammered and play. (It might have been the other way around.)

Anyway, a short thingy: http://www.rudjarl.com/music/iotm/20131207.mp3

Nice 'n funky

Last edited:
Great takes of christmas classics here! I am enjoying listening to them all! I've always though these types of tunes are perfect for the sax and I usually play as many as I can during the season. Here is one I tried to play with more of an 'edge' that I thought fit the tune and improvised a bit on: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5305840/JBellRock.mp3

Last edited:

Support Cafesaxophone

Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Back
Top Bottom