support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Beginner Day 2 of practicing saxophone

The-Mikester

Locality
Denmark
HEY! Peeps ... So ,, I'm back! With the 2nd day with my sax or if nothing else, a great way to wast 4 minutes of your life:confused: ;) ,,, here I'm practicing scales, octave intervals, tone , breathing and my patience :verysad:mrcool .. ... Because of time and the fact I'm a single dad, I'm around week and a half or so behind on getting the videos out :confused2: ... Well But I think things are it's moving along nicely, when I finally get 2 minutes of peace to practice that is ;:cheers:... Hope enjoy it :popcorn:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HfZ42iZ9Js

brianr

Hi, I really enjoyed your video, particularly the film interludes, which made me laugh. Very good.

you get a nice sound.

a couple of thoughts. you are playing "im in the mood for love' in C. The melody starts on the 3rd, your E, which you are playing.
NO F sharps.................... the run you stumbled on is just up the C scale, from the D.

If you learn a tune by ear and stumble. dont keep trying to get that note as well as the next 6. Find only the one you are struggling with, until your ear tells you 'ah, thats the one ' then consolidate up to that point until you know it. then move on.
More haste equals less speed.................................... add one correct note at a time, and consolidate.

ps just checked. there is a Bb in bar 5 ( ish ) of mood for love !!!!! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
Locality
Cheshire UK
@The-Mikester you are going to fit in well here, brilliant. I didn't hear a note so many distractions...

I don't mind the man bun but really need to sort the hole in your jeans :)

Jxxx

Targa

Among the pigeons
Locality
KIC 8462852
@The-Mikester you are going to fit in well here, brilliant. I didn't hear a note so many distractions...

Jxxx
I believe that is considered a fashion statement amongst the younger set J, apparently they are purchased with holes already present.

The-Mikester

Locality
Denmark
Hi, I really enjoyed your video, particularly the film interludes, which made me laugh. Very good.

you get a nice sound.

a couple of thoughts. you are playing "im in the mood for love' in C. The melody starts on the 3rd, your E, which you are playing.
NO F sharps.................... the run you stumbled on is just up the C scale, from the D.

If you learn a tune by ear and stumble. dont keep trying to get that note as well as the next 6. Find only the one you are struggling with, until your ear tells you 'ah, thats the one ' then consolidate up to that point until you know it. then move on.
More haste equals less speed.................................... add one correct note at a time, and consolidate.

ps just checked. there is a Bb in bar 5 ( ish ) of mood for love !!!!! :)

Hey Dude :mrcool I'm glad you liked my sound ,and are enjoying my "V-blog",, Thats (MY sound) primarily what I was working on and breathing , well I always start a practice session that way:sax: :cool: .... and thx for the Adivce ,, and yes there is alot of stumbling:old: and alot more to come :rofl::w00t: .... I'm open to any kind of advice and constructive critic I can get , so thx for using your time writing :thumbs:.

The-Mikester

Locality
Denmark

Jxxx

like I wrote in the start ..IT was'nt a man -bun!:oops: it was hot :eek::confused2:>:)... but I'm happy you enjoyed it ... and I'm happy to hear I'll fit in.. :thumbs: .... That day I could barely hear a note either! SOO many distractions!DAM phone, DAM KIDS! :p:D :confused: aaargh :mad: I'm gonna sell 'em all and buy new pants! ;)

The-Mikester

Locality
Denmark
I believe that is considered a fashion statement amongst the younger set J, apparently they are purchased with holes already present.

That is one of the biggest compliments I've gotten in such a long time!!! THANK you... I do love you now!:happybunny: I'm in "the younger set" !!:thanks3:! :mrcool:banana: ... oh but if I was trying to make Any kind of fashion statement, It would probably B more in the lines of ... " OH ****! I used all my money on my new sax! instead of buying new jeans" statement ... I'll get some new jeans today then .... oh wait.. I need ,, a new mouthpiece ... and reeds and .... arrgh I think my jeans can last alittle longer.. there only like 20 years or so :old::thumb:

brianr

I'm gonna sell 'em all and buy new pants! ;)

A bit of friendly advice.

Be careful with your choice of words. Some folks on here get very excited at the use of such words, and things can quickly get out of control.

Pants in this country are underwear :blush:.

best to refer to them as trousers or jeans.

I know from experience how important this is. Im Scottish and when I first came down here to live, I talked of troosers or breeks.

Oh how they laughed. I learned to fit in and now speak as posh as the next man, ye ken :).

PS welcome. you will fit in well, here.

Targa

Among the pigeons
Locality
KIC 8462852
That is one of the biggest compliments I've gotten in such a long time!!! THANK you... I do love you now!
Would you care to rephrase that?
Even with sexy hairstyle and provocative clothing you're not my type and you'll make some of the ladies jealous.

Alice

Psychedelic
Locality
Kent
"Troosers and breeks are all very well but doon't be discussing troosers and sneeks," ... said Mrs.Doubtfire.

Targa

Among the pigeons
Locality
KIC 8462852
Pants in this country are underwear .
best to refer to them as trousers or jeans.
I know from experience how important this is. Im Scottish and when I first came down here to live, I talked of troosers or breeks.
Oh how they laughed. I learned to fit in and now speak as posh as the next man, ye ken :).
That must be recent (?) development, pants always meant trousers, underpants being underwear.
We were laughing at your kilt.

Last edited:

brianr

We were laughing at your kilt.

No, they were laughing at the spindly little legs emerging from the bottom of my kilt.

Of course there were never any pants under that bonny kilt.

No, nothing worn under there. Everything was in fine working order. Boom, Boom :(

The-Mikester

Locality
Denmark
Would you care to rephrase that?
Even with sexy hairstyle and provocative clothing you're not my type and you'll make some of the ladies jealous.

Naah ,, I love anyone who would consider me as "the young set" :happydance::old::rofl::) ...At my age I grab ahold of any compliment i can find :thanks2: but I wouldn't wanna make anyone jealous >:):rofl:

Top Bottom