- Near Lutterworth, Leics.
Very little info, even less photos around on this one, it's here:
Log in to Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family and people you know.
Read also: https://www.saxontheweb.net/threads/vito-duke-vs-vito-duke-special.227630/#post-2419455
Which tells you:
Model 39 Performance Features
1. Special design neckpipe reinforcement full freedom of vibration for richer, fuller tone.
2. Precision fit neckpipe receiver provides positive seal against leaks.
3. One piece combination neckpipe clamp and lyre holder is exceptionally sturdy and virtually impossible to damage.
4. Simple, fool-proof and all together positive octave key mechanism.
5. “Wrap around” thumb spatula for more natural relaxed hand position.
6. Large comfortable plastic thumb rest.
7. Extremely comfortable and convenient positioning of contoured high D, D# and F “palm” keys.
8. Alternative high F key features positive action, comfortable position.
9. Easy reach table for little finger. Four rollers for fast comfortable action. Exceptionally light, balanced action. Fully articulated G#.
10. Heavy duty bell brace is designed to absorb shock, avoid damage.
11. Demountable cloths guard is another deluxe feature of this altogether premium saxophone.
12. Right thumb rest is adjustable to most comfortable position for individual player.
13. Side trill keys are comfortably contoured and beautifully balanced for fast, positive action.
14. Easily removable guards of heavy gauge sheet brass for all bell keys. Pearls may be removed for servicing.
15. Special design of F# key permits proper sizing of tone hole for better intonation.
16. Exceptionally strong brazed on bow guard and stiffener. This sturdy rib provides excellent protection at an otherwise very vulnerable point.
17. Premium quality tan kid resonator pads for a lively, more resonant tone quality.
Original brochure: https://www.saxontheweb.net/attachments/image-jpg.84921/
I'm currently tempted by this but the seller has decided he wants the full price he's asking.
He is: Mr andor jensen - MusicTeachers.co.uk
So you can bet it'll be playing well. He overhauled it himself, all new pads (not springs, they're purest gold!)
Anyway, if none of you buy it hopefully he'll sell it to me for a lower price!
Let us know how it plays if you DO buy it. It's supposedly a MkVI contender hence I was interested in trying it against my SDA... BUT... a tootle isn't worth £485 to me.